OT...Car magazines...phew...

I was watching motor trend tv the other night. I could not help but be discouraged at the piss poor reporting. Also, all those supposedly car guys trying to sell me their wonderfull products.

Especially flabergasting was this Mothers add where this guy talks about how he cares for his customer's $20,000 paint jobs in his shop with Mothers product....the hic is that ther's a guy grinding, sparks flying in the background of this exotic paint job...about 10 feet from the car....I would realy bring my car to his shop...yeah right...

When I see such stupidity on the tube, I can't help but think how stupid those manufacturer must think their customers are. And the motor trend reports! Gee don't get me started on that....like the article in MMFF that showed how to upgrade to rear disks and left out the fact that you should also swap out the mc...bet ya this car had a fricken low brake pedal...been there, done that...ya know...and when I email them to let them know...no answer...they just don't give a shit...

All those rags are there to make money, they will tell you what ever their advertizers tell them to say. I wish there was one car guy magazine out there that was not complete bullshit...oh come to think of it there is one...but its not a car magazine it's my trusty Home Machinist....

Just venting,

What do you other older folks think...

Reply to
Serge

Many of these rags are living on borrowed time. Their lack of timeliness is killing them. That, and the fact they have to suck up to each product they shill for because their advertisers are going elsewhere in many cases. They rarely meet a blower or exhaust system they don't love.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

This is so true...and I have yet to see a dyno test that was complete or fair...

It's a shame...

Serge

Reply to
Serge