OT: "dumass car makers" - THX for participating.

I appreciate the response to the original post. There were a lot of good opinions offered... well, I guess ALL were good opinions.

And thanks for KEEPING it civil.

I crossposted it (as Stu pointed out) to alt.autos.ford for good reason.

  1. Hurricane AST isnt there as of last few months, and there's been a total absence of troll inspired flaming for the last month.

  1. Several folks there who are either Ford Techs or have been involved in Ford Engineering programs.

It's a shame that ALL crossposting is frowned on as it results in Insularity.

If it were meant to be a no-no, the original NG server code would have been written to disallow more than one destination.

As it turned out, the views there (but not content) pretty much followed the same line as on this group.

*********************************************************************** And you will notice that at no time, in the thread, did I suggest that power windows be used as a solution to the stray cat problem.

;)

Some of you need to develop a sense of humor, albeit what used to be called "black humor"

.
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Isn't that now called "Humor of Color"?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

ROFL.....:)

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

Well, it was pretty civil wasn't it? The reason I didn't think the crosspost was a good idea is that the there are a few people on the Ford NG ( you mentioned one) that are notorious flamers as I indicated. They will argue black is white regardless of the facts which of course makes the thread go down hill into a pissing match very quickly before any real discussion takes place.A couple did reply but kept it pretty tame. I think crossposting COULD be a good idea but when you get a contrversial subject you always get someone who won't play well with others from one of the groups! BTW you're welcome ;^) StuK

Oh, and my cats aren't strays but sometimes.......sommmmetimes those power windows look mighty tempting!

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

In the ER we call it Gallows humor.

Scott Williams '66 HCS