OT: GM is Taking a Whooping

Here's a follow-up on the GTO thread. This is why GM is hurting so bad.

Reply to
NoOption5L

Sad to see a primarily American company hurting. These huge car companies contract hundreds of small companies to build parts that go into the final product. You hear about GM's layoffs, but you never here about all these contracted businesses who also have to cut jobs. John

Reply to
JohnR66

lmfao its good to see america hurt ford sucks the big one too nly tards drive fords

BIN LADEN RULES

hurc ast

Reply to
mindy5734

That's bad for everyone up and down the line, from the companies that produce the raw materials to the companies that produce the parts, to the person who drives the roach coach. I fear it is an indicator of things to come, well beyond GM.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

yup i can see the yankee economy suffering

canada rocks dude bin laden helped our economy

911 what a blast

hurc ast in canada

Reply to
mindy5734

The U.S. trade deficit with the CHINESE this year is $600B. Same with Australia, though not as much as the U.S. Canada has a trade surplus and has had for the last 10-15 years. Hint to Americans; STOP buying everything from Walmart. Support your own continent. Be willing to pay more for North American produced goods. Cut tax breaks for all companies exporting jobs to the Orient. Remember what Henry Ford said when asked why he paid his employees so well? "So they can buy my cars."

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:02:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Yeah it was a real blast you asshole. I hope someone decides to fly a

747 into your place of work, whoops let's make that your two-room school house.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:36:51 -0500, RichA wrote something wonderfully witty:

Americans have never been overly concerned with buying their own domestic products and has also lost most of it's low-end production capability. It is in a transition from an Industrialized nation & economy to a service based one. It really doesn't matter where a product comes from nowadays as whoever can produce it the cheapest will. However, the need for domestic service of those products will always exist. The US provides the intellectuals and innovation and lets other produce the products. The average American no longer wants to do manual labor or work an assembly line.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

the average american is stupid

84% ofusa hi tech is developed by CANADIANS hurc ast
Reply to
mindy5734

lmfao bin laden prooved the usa can be crippled by 2 passenger jet

lmfao

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hurc ast

Reply to
mindy5734

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Yes, it is a kind of pipe-dream, the "buy American" idea, and goes against the laws of economic evolution (as opposed to "progress") but now your clerical, engineering, and other non-blue collar jobs are going to India. At some point, you'll end up with two kinds of industry; Local intellectual (like lawyers, government workers) and service industry people to provide for their needs. Unemployment (unless they adopt the communist model of digging holes and filling them in!) will just keep rising. Maybe more people will go back to farming?

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:59:10 -0800, Spike wrote something wonderfully witty:

Now that I can agree with.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:37:43 -0500, RichA wrote something wonderfully witty:

Perhaps, but unemployment does seem to have specific zones as there are industry shifts. For example where I live there is extremely low unemployment < 2%. Which if you subscribe to the theory of a certain level of natural unemployment a fully employed area or perhaps even over employed. We have quite a bit of problem recruiting and keeping employees throughout the skillset spectrum.

Reply to
ZombyWoof