OT: Honda vs. the fast and the furious...

"For years, Honda kept a hands-off attitude to the Civic customizing craze, generally avoiding a direct marketing appeal to young enthusiasts, a group sometimes referred to in the industry as "the fast and furious," after a movie with that title that celebrated the import-car street-racing culture. In 2001, Honda redesigned the Civic and made it more family-friendly and sedate, which in turn left the tuners feeling slighted."

"Last summer, at an import-racing event in Irwindale, Calif., the crowd booed when the announcer mentioned Honda."

HooRah! ;-) Hate to see it affect sales, but I'm glad Honda is chasing away the tuners / ricers. We're all tired of seeing fast and furious Civics anyway, right? Kudos to Honda, now lets make the Accord pretty again and get some current Civic quality issues straightened out.

Doesn't matter to me anymore I guess because I'm waiting for an '05 GT. It's past time for a new car though, so I wish Ford would hurry up already.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales