OT: HOW 'BOUT THEM YANKEES??!!??

What a freakin' game! I think I aged 20 years in just 4 hours!

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

It's BASEBALL, how exciting could it be?

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Baseball sucks. :o)

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Oh come ON! The Yankees were losing by 3 runs at the top of the 8th inning to the Boston Redsox? In Game 7 of the ALCS? And winning? Pretty damned exciting!!! Ala Bucky *&*(&*(& Dent circa 1978...or Chris Chamblis' home run in '76. THAT'S how exciting (at leat to Yankee fans!)

Sorry Boston. Great game though! I bet the hospitals were filled in both NY/NJ and Boston with cardiac patients!

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,

The Yankees just had to show up, to win. The curse of the Bambino already had the results taken care of.

I think the series is going to be boring this year... I probably just spend that time waxing the Mach.

Reply to
Mustang_66

Pat,

Got any pics of your cars? I'd like to see some! :)

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I guess I have to agree. If either the 'Sox or the Cubs had made it--or both--it would be worth watching. But the Yanks already have 26 titles so one more isn't enough to get me too excited. And the Marlins? Puh-leeze. They'll just dismantle their team, again, afterwards.

Waxing the 'Stang sounds like time much better spent.

Reply to
MC

MC wrote in news:20031017173010.401$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.com:

No way that'll happen. Loria's a decent owner, unlike Henry who used to own the Marlins and now owns the Sox.

When Huizenga split up the Marlins after the '97 series, fans down here were pissed literally for years. Only this year have people started to come around again, mostly because of McKeon's results.

If the playoffs are any indication of how the Series will be, I think we're in for some great baseball. You guys are underestimating the Marlins. BTW, they made it to the Series on 1/3 the bankroll the Yankees have.

Lemmie guess - you guys are really Cubbie fans...

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '93 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Reply to
Joe

White or Red?

Sounds good. I don't know much about the National League teams anymore. I pretty much gave up on them when the Dodgers left Brooklyn. Yeah, I'm that old.

That's not saying much. Didn't everybody for the last 100 years or so? Just don't think that buying your way to the top is unAmerican.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not a Cubs fan, just a baseball fan; and I thought it would be nice if they could shake the Curse of the Goat. Likewise with the Red Sox and the Curse of the Bambino. Those are two pretty good curses, as far as curses go.

I suppose I'll root for the Marlins, although I don't have any plans to watch the games. Hopefully, they'll win in four so we'll be spared three extra days of Fox super-hype as they try to pull the ratings out of the cellar.

Only when the Yankees play for their 100th title, would I consider rooting for them. Thank God I'll be long dead by then. So will baseball, if the Yanks keep this crap up. Nobody gave a shit about the Americas Cup until the Australians broke a 150 year-old American stranglehold on it. 'Course, nobody really gives a shit about it now, either, nor should they.

What the Yankees need is a good Curse. Watching them win another World Series is almost as tiresome as watching their fans toss flashlight batteries at opposing players.

Yeah, so, go Marlins. But pardon my lack of enthusiasm.

Reply to
MC

Yankees who? You guys might be a little surprised by the Marlins. Obviously you have not been following the best and most exciting team in baseball. Marlins in 6.

Reply to
endorf

Baseball is great for those who have no hobbies or interests of their own, and it keeps kids off of drugs too.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

MC wrote in news:20031018185600.103$tG_- snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.com:

Red.

Ah, finally someone who's a bit older than me... ;)

Sure, but the point is that the Marlins have what it takes. They're not big-dollar primadonnas with attitudes.

Guess they'll both have to wait until next year.

These morons who are announcing the game are the absolute pits. First game was the stupid phone call with Robin Williams (I'm real glad Billy Crystal told him to get off the damn phone), and last night was the "interview" with Dusty Baker. Ridiculous.

At any rate, the series is now tied and it moves to SoFla. 65,000 fans can make a bit of a difference...

True...

LOL! Hey, they're a great team, but they cost a helluva lot to keep going like that.

No problem. I'm into it because these guys are true sports heros IMO. They're the real deal, and I hope they go all the way.

Joe