OT-kinda: Another Tennessee question

Ok, the house is on the market, have had two offers, so far not sold, but only on the market a week.

My question is:

Does the beautiful state of Tennessee make you puncture your front bumper and put on a license plate? Do you think that if a gal was so inclined, she could get away without one, since her wornn out, beat up, slow and ugly lil ol rag top was only driven during the summer on Sundays....

LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL UP THE HIGHWAY.............??

huh huh huh... do ya think they would make me do it?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

For what it's worth, this site says no.

They did at the time my father lived in Memphis, and he drove a Triumph TR-7. He never put on the front plate

Alabama does not have front plates, either. One of my buds, "jealous" of my '01 GT coupe, goes and buys a '02 GT convertible. Then she bolts a Jimmy Buffet plate on the front of it. Ugh.

- Max - ======= The best part about hating people is that I never run out of great ideas -- Dogbert

Reply to
Max C. Webster III
*slapping her forhead*

she must have been more blonde than I am!

Thanks Max! I REALLY do NOT want to puncture my front bumper. I often thought that if it was a problem, I would use two sided automitive tape and put it on long enough to get the ticket taken off. But I think we will be living in a small town, and there would be no hiding and prolly no fudging either. Now, if I were young, thin and had great legs... I could prolly pull it off.

Kate

| > My question is: | >

| > Does the beautiful state of Tennessee make you puncture your front bumper | > and put on a license plate? | | For what it's worth, this site says no. | |

| | They did at the time my father lived in Memphis, and he drove a Triumph TR-7. | He never put on the front plate | | Alabama does not have front plates, either. One of my buds, "jealous" of my | '01 GT coupe, goes and buys a '02 GT convertible. Then she bolts a Jimmy | Buffet plate on the front of it. Ugh. | | | - Max - | ======= | The best part about hating people is that | I never run out of great ideas -- Dogbert |

Reply to
SVTKate

Why don't you ask Tungsten :oD

WindsorFox[SS]

Heh... to answer the question, no... no front license plates here!

Reply to
Tungsten

Yippieeee! I did go and sign up for the forum, just don't have the patience to carouse through the group.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate,try Velcro strips,thats what i did on my old car

Andrew

Reply to
me

Thanks Andrew, fortunately TN does not require front plates.

Reply to
SVTKate

If you move to Tennesee and drive a Cobra, it's mandetory.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Kate-

What part of TN are you looking at moving to??

-D> Yippieeee!

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Oh yea? Who's gonna make me.. huh.. huh???

Reply to
SVTKate

Honestly Donna, we are looking really hard at Columbia ,Hampshire, Savannah and Waynesboro areas but it is all going to depend on where the perfect house it. It has to be about 2000 sf, 3+ bdrms, 2+ bath family room or office, big shop, not all flat and bare of trees aand needs to have 5+ acres and a running creek. All for under $160.

So far I have a pile of about 25 homes that fit the description all over the state. When we get there we are going to play gypay for a bit till we find just the right thing.

Kate

| > Kate | >

Reply to
SVTKate

Those are some pretty high standards... but damn that'd be so nice to have. Sheesh... I wanna move now.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Here in CA, it would be half a mil!

| > So far I have a pile of about 25 homes that fit the description all over | the | > state. When we get there we are going to play gypay for a bit till we find | > just the right thing. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

A few years ago my brother was considering buying a house in Indiana. It had a three car detached garage with a shop area, four bedroom two bath rambler with a full basement, sitting on about 1-2 acres. He offered $74,000 but the sellers were standing firm at $76,000 and he couldn't decide on whether to take it. I live in the Washington, DC suburbs where housing like the one he was looking at starts in the $400,000+ range. I felt like driving to Indiana, slapping him upside the head and yelling "Pay the $76,000!!!". It is amazing what a dollar will buy, real estate wise, in the mid west.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Same here in NY, Kate! Housing prices here are freakin' INSANE! People put the house on the market say for 450 and end up with 475 because of bidding wars. It's crazy. I keep saying this can't keep going on and time and time again, I'm proved wrong!

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy