OT: Looking for a stock F-250 Stereo

Hey gang, I am looking for a stock AM/FM CD player unit for our 99 F250 pickemup truck. Anyone ahve one that WORKS and that they want to let go of or a reasonable price?

Someone replaced the stock unit in our truck with an aftermarket unit with all the blinking lights and the detachable flip down face, and a remote control.I hate it. Too much folderall for my taste.

Maybe a swap ?

Kate snipped-for-privacy@kizthiz.com-plaining

(quityerbitchin to reply)

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate

Take a look and see if this unit is correct. Seller lives in Goodlettsville Tn.

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Thanks Mike!! As soon as the truck gets home I will try and peek under the dash to see what I can see! Chances are, with the aftermarket unit that's in there the plugs are missing.. I hope not!

Truth be told, it's a little more than I had planned on spending, trying to keep out of the dog house, but what the hell, it's "His truck"... right?

Kate

| > Someone replaced the stock unit in our truck with an aftermarket unit with | > all the blinking lights and the detachable flip down face, and a remote | > control.I hate it. | > Too much folderall for my taste. | >

| > Maybe a swap ? | >

| > Kate | > snipped-for-privacy@kizthiz.com-plaining | >

| > (quityerbitchin to reply) | | Kate | | Take a look and see if this unit is correct. Seller lives in Goodlettsville Tn. | |

| | -- | Mike | 93 Cobra

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Mike, I showed it to hubs... he said "nope" didn't want to $pend the bucks on it.

what a stick in the mud. Suppose I'll just have to sneek one in on him another time.

Kate

| > Someone replaced the stock unit in our truck with an aftermarket unit with | > all the blinking lights and the detachable flip down face, and a remote | > control.I hate it. | > Too much folderall for my taste. | >

| > Maybe a swap ? | >

| > Kate | > snipped-for-privacy@kizthiz.com-plaining | >

| > (quityerbitchin to reply) | | Kate | | Take a look and see if this unit is correct. Seller lives in Goodlettsville Tn. | |

| | -- | Mike | 93 Cobra

Reply to
SVTKate

Hubs drives a hard bargain does he??? Well letmesee. Maybe I can find one or say nine more to confuse you. Stick these in your "My ebay" and keep watch. Most, if not all should fit, but double check. NOW lets see Hubs excuse. :-0 Good Luck

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

LMAO! Thanks Mike...

He is such a tightwad when it comes to his own rig. Anything anything needs to be done to it, I am the one who has to take the initiate. I can't figure that one out. I will keep an eye on these, and maybe this weekend will get a look at the plugs inside to know what I am looking for.

again, thanks :)

Oh hey, how do you do that tiny url thing? That's hecka cool!

Kate

| > what a stick in the mud. | > Suppose I'll just have to sneek one in on him another time. | >

| > Kate | >

| > | > (quityerbitchin to reply) | > | | > | Kate | > | | > | Take a look and see if this unit is correct. Seller lives in | > Goodlettsville Tn. | > | | > |

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate,

Hopefully when the aftermarket unit was installed they used an installation harness which allows for a plug-n-play install. All you'd have to do is unplug the aftermarket unit, plug in the factory unit and slide it in. Keep your fingers crossed :-)

...somebody is starting to develop the Tennessee way of talkin' :-)

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars - Newly updated
Reply to
TurboMike

Uhh... hecka cool... I got from Kristen when she was 16! The truest example of Valley girls.

Reply to
SVTKate

The scoop on the tiny url thing is thus: Go to

Look under the bold "Add TinyUrl to your browser's toolbar". Click (and hold) on the "TinyUrl" link, and drag it to your Links toolbar and let go.

That will put a TinyUrl button on your Links toolbar

(If you don't see a Links Toolbar, On your IE Menu bar, go to View | Toolbars...and select 'Links'.)

Go to a page you want use...click on the TinyUrl button on your Links bar. It will create a tinyurl page AND copy it to your clipboard, which you can then paste into a message. It will also redirect to a tiny url page with the same info.

Apologies if I stepped >LMAO!

Reply to
Dinsdale

Nifty, but it won't work for some reason.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

If it doesn't let you drag the hyperlink to your Link toolbar, you can also try dragging it to your Favorites...that works too.

Or does the TinyUrl button on your Link toolbar not work? If thats it, it's probably your browser's javascript, or maybe you have a popop blocker...or your security settings don't allow it.

Reply to
Dinsdale

Thanks Dinsdale. I dont think you could have stepped on any toes, you were just helping :)

Kate

| >He is such a tightwad when it comes to his own rig. Anything anything needs | >to be done to it, I am the one who has to take the initiate. I can't figure | >that one out. | >I will keep an eye on these, and maybe this weekend will get a look at the | >plugs inside to know what I am looking for. | >

| >again, thanks :) | >

| >Oh hey, how do you do that tiny url thing? That's hecka cool! | >

| >Kate | >

99 | >F250 | >| > | > pickemup truck. | >| > | > Anyone ahve one that WORKS and that they want to let go of or a | >| > reasonable | >| > | > price? | >| > | >

| >| > | > (quityerbitchin to reply) | >| > | | >| > | Kate | >| > | | >| > | Take a look and see if this unit is correct. Seller lives in | >| > Goodlettsville Tn. | >| > | | >| > |

Reply to
SVTKate

When I drag it up there and get to the Links bar, the only one that it shows the sign of letting me drop the link; when I drop it I get the "dong" ooops sound and no button appears.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I changed all my security settings to max high and couldn't get it to not work. But I well know how finicky IE can be....You are using Internet Explorer?

Your security settings may be set high...to lower it , go to Tools | Interent Options....click on the Security tab and change to Default level.

Here's a few more things to try:

- Right-click on the TinyUrl! link...then select 'Add to Favorites...' on the Add Favorite window..Create in 'Links'

- Right-click a blank area on the links bar and uncheck 'Lock the Toolbars' and try dragging it there again. See if you can drag any link to the Links bar. If you can...then it seems like your browser might not like Javascript (the TinUrl! is javascript). If you can't drag anything there...well I just don't know...Install Netscape ;)

If nothing worked, then you'll just have to do it the manual way...copy the url address of the page you want to 'tiny-fy'....go to

and paste it into the text box...click 'Make TinyURL'

Geez...so much crap to try to get some tiny thing to work. heh-heh

Reply to
Dinsdale

Worked like a champ for me! Drug it and dropped it just like you said (of course, I do that all the time to my links menu) and made my very own little tiny url!

Thanks!!! that's So much better :)

Kate

| >> If it doesn't let you drag the hyperlink to your Link toolbar, you can | >> also try dragging it to your Favorites...that works too. | >>

| >> Or does the TinyUrl button on your Link toolbar not work? If thats it, | >> it's probably your browser's javascript, or maybe you have a popop | >> blocker...or your security settings don't allow it. | >

| > When I drag it up there and get to the Links bar, the only one | >that it shows the sign of letting me drop the link; when I drop it I | >get the "dong" ooops sound and no button appears. | | I changed all my security settings to max high and couldn't get it to | not work. But I well know how finicky IE can be....You are using | Internet Explorer? | | Your security settings may be set high...to lower it , go to Tools | | Interent Options....click on the Security tab and change to Default | level. | | Here's a few more things to try: | - Right-click on the TinyUrl! link...then select 'Add to Favorites...' | on the Add Favorite window..Create in 'Links' | | - Right-click a blank area on the links bar and uncheck 'Lock the | Toolbars' and try dragging it there again. | See if you can drag any link to the Links bar. | If you can...then it seems like your browser might not like Javascript | (the TinUrl! is javascript). | If you can't drag anything there...well I just don't know...Install | Netscape ;) | | If nothing worked, then you'll just have to do it the manual | way...copy the url address of the page you want to 'tiny-fy'....go to |

and paste it into the text box...click 'Make TinyURL' | | Geez...so much crap to try to get some tiny thing to work. heh-heh |

Reply to
SVTKate

Bueno.

It helps to sell things if people can SEE them!

Dinsdale

You have GOT to be kidding. People still use that crap?? Which pretty much moots the rest of your reply, thanks for including the info anyway. LOL On an up note, when I went to the page it knew that I had Mozilla because all the pictures matched.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Well...what worked and what didn't?...that should define what's crap and what's not. ;)

Reply to
Dinsdale

No, to me crap is defined as the most insecure web browser available which not able to be secured. That's a quote. I'm sure it can be done if I asked an expert, but if it comes to having a special URL button or the better security and fewer bugs of Mozilla I'll keep my Netscape :-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]