OT: Mark VIII replace head gasket or just get another motor?

Was hoping no one would mind this question in here. '96 Mark VIII 32valve

4.6L needs head gasket/s, how expensive is this to have done? Is it more cost effective to replace the whole engine with another used one? So far one mechanic seems to feel this way. Heck wonder if there is a 5.4L swap available lol. Just trying to weigh options. Thanks.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Boy that sounds ridicules... Any used engine comes with a whole new set of its own problems...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

I appreciate your opinion and take it into consideration however most places warranty the motors believe it or not. I am going to look into new too but want to consider all options once I first get an idea of what it might cost to fix in the first place. Thanks again.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

I don't know anything about your particular engine, but it should be possible to R&R your head gaskets with engine still in the car, Replacing an engine is a couple of orders magnitude greater in complexity. (As well as cost.)

Reply to
Ironrod