OT: PING: Bill S. re: Ford Falcon

Not one bit. squarish late 70s sedan.

Late 60s early 70s torinos. With structural rust these cars could be had very cheap. I passed one up years ago. Looked nice until I crawled under it. Someone had fixed all the cosmetic rust but 2 of four frame rails had serious, as in have to be replaced rust damage. It looked like the steering box could tear off at any momement.

Since you promise to set the car right afterwards, I'll suggest a car I particularly like that fits your budget. Mavericks and Comets, 1970-1977. They fit your budget and you can probably get the general look you desire. They won't match the mad max cars by any stretch, but you can make one look like it *fits* in with the theme. A good maverick, will set you back 2 grand or so. A beater a few hundred.

Reply to
Brent P

Heh heh...well I'm glad I've got a second opinion on this now!

I suggested a 72 comet actually...done up right they look awesome! And it would be something new! I've never seen modded comet in a movie, but i damn well would like to see one...the maverick would take a bit more work to make look cool, but it also has a lot of potential.

IMHO, you got good taste, Brent ;-)

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

Well there is a modded mav/comet in a movie. The fox 'classic' runaway car. Yes, theh maverick got this insult.

A grabber hood or grafting on a fake '69 mustang hood scoop would do the trick for a maverick. Use a 1976 grill or just paint an LDO grill black. (really what the '76 grill is for the most part) If you get a grabber hood, do not, do not cut it. These things have value. I have yet to find one in a salavage yard. If I find one it will just be hood to the yards around me though, thankfully.

I am really begining to think instead of restoring or restomoding my maverick I should street rod it. Austrailian '03 falcon twin turbo inline six, push button door handles, shaved off trim, the works... But that's way over the top... (not to mention outside my skills and what I would spend on it)

Oh, and 4 door mav comets are ugly imo, anything you do one to mad-max it should be an improvement.

Reply to
Brent P

Ouch. We'll try and forget about that one ;-)

What is an LDO?

Yeah, i know not to cut up a grabber hood. I get offers for my 73 NASA hood all the time...and it's on the damn car!

Sounds nice! Damn i wish those aussie fords were around this country sometimes.

4 doors? eew...not a big fan of those ones. We'll have to see. This film is starting to sound more and more fun as we go along!

Thanks again for all the help, Brent.

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.