OT: Ping Paul - snake shot

This is snakeshot...

Like little bitty shotgun shells...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 20 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:yscLc.5260$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Cool! Where can I get that and does it come in .38 or .380? It does not damage the barrel right? Our .380's are not that loud and I can probably get away with using one while our dogs ae barking at the slithering varmint from the porch. :-)

Reply to
Paul

I would say yes to the .38. It wouldn't feed well in the .380 Those pictured are .38 spcl. but were inherited from my mom so I have not had to buy any in a long long time. I know that you can load your own, which these are.. reloads. Maybe if you have a buddy that reloads he could make you some up.

Check your local gun shop for it. Oh, you can also get something like it for a .22 I would suggest maybe a .22 pistol and some bird shot (same thing, only different)

I wouldn't shoot allot of it through any gun, because I am told that shot can be hard on the bore, but for the few you WOULD shoot, I cannot imagine it doing any damage. Much less dangerous than any regular ammo that you might have to shoot. It has a very short distance range and about a... oh.. lets say...6" pattern at 10 yards. I have not tested it to see the actual range on it, but I know it isn't anything close to a regular bullet.

Kate

aka-Snake Shot Sally LOL

Reply to
SVTKate

Like Kate said, it won't feed right in a 380. The package I bought (at Walmart -how's that for a local supply store) is sold as 38spl or 357. She's also right, it has a short effective range, but may still travel a good distance given the right arc.

Eric G

Reply to
Eric Gironda

at 20 Jul 2004, Eric Gironda [ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net] wrote in news:jxfLc.127292$MB3.24097@attbi_s04:

Wallyworld? Where one rips off spoilers? :-( My wife has an old POS .38 special revolver we can use this in. It's quite effective at short range, but kicks like a mule. I guess that's gonna be our snake killer although I'll have to check with the SO as I'm in 'city limits' and one cannot 'discharge a firearm in public' acording to the ordinances. :-(

I wonder if shooting a poisonous snake constitutes as vaild self defense. :-)

Reply to
Paul

at 20 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:XbeLc.6990$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Cool! Thanks hon. And yeah, not going to punish teh .380's with it as I worry about their barrels. Being PPK clones they are pretty accurate and I'd hate to spoil that.

Ok, my spoiler is in Miami. There's a place there called Spoiler Depot (spoilerdepot.com) that has similar spoilers at a reasonable price including painting in my color. My bro in law will take it there when he gets back from Porto Rico in two weeks to see if the footprints match up enough. I don't mind elongating a hole in my trunklid or drilling a new one as long as they are covered by the new spoiler...

Reply to
Paul

Keep in mind, that even though they may paint it to match, your paint has faded. Maybe ever so slightly, but it has faded, and the new color may not match unless it is done by someone who can see the current color when painting the spoiler and adjust the new color to match :)

Didn't want you to have a shock.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Ummm... nope. Valid self defense is something you cannot get away from that is life threatening. I don't think snakes fall into that category very often. You may find yourself fitted with a pair of shiny new bracelets, a snappy orange suit, a fine big enough to put a supercharger on your Stang and a new girlfriend named "Bubba"

I would definitely think twice before firing in town. Nope.. I would rethink it altogether. Now, a lot of what I am saying stems from my experience of living town. I have no idea how "in town" you are. If you are more rural than in town, than that's a whole nother ball game and I would just keep my mouth shut, be extremely safe about it, and shoot the damn snakes anyway.

keep a ready supply of firecrackers handy, and after snake shooting, set off a batch of them. ... umm.. because.. umm.. you are just being a kid again and trying to scare off that dead snake with them.. yea.. that's it!

*wink* if you get my drift.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

In nonchalant way feel out your neibours thoughts on the subject as it would be they that dime you out. Maybe if you added a mongoose to the rest of your critters.........

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

at 21 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:LwvLc.6314$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Nah! It's safer to call the SO's dispatch and have a couple of deputy's send over to deal with snakes. Cheaper too. :-) We are definately 'in town', not even partly rural.

Firecrackers is a really good idea. Your new title may be Outlaw Kate. :-) I definately get your drift...

Reply to
Paul

at 21 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:wlvLc.6286$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Unfortunately I'm painfully aware of that issue. But they'd have my old spoiler and the color on that is only slightly off from the rest of the car. You have to look real close to notice it. I'm sure they can match it on that. Pony has, by the looks of it, been garaged most of her life, by both me and the previous owner so the paint is in surprisingly good shape.

Thanks for the warning though hon, it's appreciated...

Reply to
Paul

I suppose having me for an outlaw whould be highly preferable to having me for an in-law! LOL!

| | -- | _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue) | |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA) | |__| snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

Reply to
SVTKate