OT: Question about Mitsubishi Spyder convertible top motors

The Mitsubishi Spyder uses two electric motors and gear boxes to operate the convertible top. Has anyone ever removed these from a car and if so, would you explain how access is gained to them?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jimz466

Jim,

alt.autos.mitsubishi might be of more assistance.. as would the year of the car. 2g or 3g?

The Chilton manuals seem to be pretty thorough about that stuff, don't know about the Haynes. I just bought a '95 GSX (non-spyder) and it came with a Chilton. Pretty detailed for interior parts. May be able to help you out if you have a 2g.

JS

Reply to
JS

Thanks for the response, JS. It's not actually my car. I offer a convertible top motor rebuilding service on ebay and a guy emailed me about repairing the motors on his daughters car. I told him I've repaired several of these motors, but never actually removed any myself. I also told him I'd try to get some info for him. I posted on the mitsubishii group also, but alas, no responses even after a few days. He told me it's a 1997.

Reply to
Jimz466