Reply to
Ralph Snart

Doubt that

Reply to
<memset

OUCH!!!!!!!

Erik D. '94 white lightn>

Erik D.

That is the exact reason you will never see me in a third world country watching the race at some world rally challenge. That is totally insane.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

I bet he was thinking a few things more severe than that ;)

OH btw... since your sig mentioned your vehicle (94 Lightning)... figured I'd mention what I saw the other last Friday... there was this black SVT Lightning & a Chevy truck (red 2003 tahoe SS) side by side in the road (I guess they knew each other?) going like 20mph in a 35mph zone (pretty big street.. where the mall is, lots of stores, restaurants, etc)... it's a 5 lane road (2 both directions & the turning lane). Well I was wondering WTF was going on.. after about 5 or so minutes the Chevy just decided to take off... then the Lightning took off after him and OH MY DEAR LORD it made me cry just about! That SOB Lightning is feckin fast!!! Caught up & flew past that Chevy in a heartbeat! So I pulled up next to him in my 98 Mustang GT & asked him if he wanted to race over at dump road (empty street.. practically designed for it :P... it's a road that leads to the city dump & it's always empty after hours) & he said no but then took off right there... I didn't go after him.. but damn that's a fast truck... probably woulda stomped me.. actually no doubt he woulda stomped me. Got any pics of your truck? I'd love to see.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Back in the 1950s and I assume some time after and before, people would just line the roads as the cars raced by. A number of races stopped be held because of all the spectators that were being killed.

Reply to
Brent P

Sure, but this wasn't a third-world country, it looked like an organized track. That guy was on the hot side of the pit barrier with his back to oncoming traffic. This is the exact reason you won't see walking down the hot pit lane - I'd cross the barrier first.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Hey Mike, these trucks can be made very quick with boost or juice. Unfortunately mine has neither, lol. Mine isn't fast at all, I have run a best of 14.94 at 91.68 in the quarter but I plan to better that time this wednesday, here is a picture of me on that run:

\ Here's some more pics:
I don't know what it is, but there is something about having a semi-quick truck that still hauls stuff:
Thanks for your interest! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

At least we know one thing about the guy who was hit.

His eyes were blue.

One blew this way and the other blew that way.

Scott W. '66 HCS

P.S. Sorry, just a little gallows humor there from a former Paramedic.

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Erik, real nice ride. But what's up with the front bumper? On the

3/4 pix from the passenger front it looks like it's sort of hanging down a bit right near the wheel well.

??

Joe

"Scott Williams" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

ROTFLMAO!

Morbid, but just too damn funny.

Joe

Yeah, the bumper sagged down a little bit. I played with it and now its pretty straight. I was going to get a new bumper for christmas but decided against it. Eventually I want the XL bumper though so it doesn't have that black trim on it. I am also getting my mirrors painted to match one of these days. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

That's about as fake as it gets. Looks great at the first glance, but the runner is floating along that pavement, and isn't even casting a shadow. (yet the other runners in the scene are) Closer inspection will reveal certain areas to get sharper as if they were manipulated. But hey, it came from the internet, so it must be real.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspensi>
Victor DiMichina