OT Sound clip

I am looking for a wave file of a V8 starting, pulling up to the starting line and going through the gears in the quarter mile. It's a manual transmission. There are no track sounds, announcer, other cars, spectators, etc in this file, just the car, sound taken from the rear of the car. This was a fairly fast street machine covering the quarter in about 12 seconds if I remember correctly. Total clip about 30 seconds in length. I had downloaded this sound file .... but lost it when my computer's hard drive went south. Any leads would be appreciated. Yes, I have searched high and low to find it, no luck.

Thanks in advance! Rick

Reply to
RJ

This might be what you're looking for. Not quite a 12 second machine, but this is a collection of 10 mp3s that JD Fensty made when he had his Bassani catback installed, and it sounds pretty mean:

(6.3 MB) Username: download Password: ramfm

Fensty also had some other car sounds on his FTP server, but I can't seem to find my copies right now.

Reply to
Garth Almgren