OT: Speaking of car commercials...

Just saw Chevrolet's new commercial for "Ten new cars in twenty months". Starts with the new Corvette and ends with the nice little reverse load of the SSR.

I like it.

Don Manning

P.S. The commercial...not the SSR.

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

LOL!!! I am with you on that one. A friend of mine got one, its neat, but it definitely is NOT worth what he paid for it. I think it is ugly and underpowered also :/. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

There's one on a billboard on the way down to my girlfriend's school. Every time we get near it she shields my eyes from it.

She's a keeper. :-)

The truck, though, that thing's hideous. Reminds me of two girls that asked me which one I'd rather take home. I started kissing my hand. Funny thing is, that was the second time someone had done that to them that same night.

JS

Reply to
JS

LOL!!! I am gonna have to remember that one! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Absolutely true story. These girls were hideous, weren't even remotely nice, and smelled bad. I was working at the bowling alley counter that night. I armed myself with the shoe deodorant spray and called it "troll repellant," even in front of them. At one point, after spraying them about

10 times, one said "hey, at least you'll remember me." The 60-something security guard sitting nearby, who was not a part of any of the preceeding, looked over and said, "Yeah, I remember my motorcycle accident too, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing." I almost fell over laughing.

Yes, I did remember them. It was funny then, it's still funny now. Somehow I don't think that was the effect that they were going for. ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

"JS" wrote in news:yUFRb.6791$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

I think the truck looks great - but GM ruined it by making it too heavy, underpowered, and overpriced.

Joe

Yeah, nicely done. In fact, so nicely done that I've incorporated the Corvette wallpaper into my own.

lets you watch the commercial,but QuickTime is required. (Hate QuickTime... it's an arrogant,self-absorbed little program that thinks it's the most important one on thecomputer. I like my programs humble.) The Corvette has lost 50 pounds and gained 50HP. And it's okay-looking, too.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

speaking of commercials anybody see a preview of Ford's super bowl slot for the GT? I downlowded it from somewhere - OMG - it is awesome - can't wait to see it on the bigscreen this Sunday =)

Reply to
Christopher Shea

The SSR at 3,500 - 3,700 lbs, or at least under 4,000, with a 6-liter

400HP motor and a $30K-$35K price and Chevy would have a winner!

Patrick '93 Cobra Mustang

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Absolutely! Now when is Ford going to drop the Mustang GT motor into a lowered Ranger? Talk about a winner... ;)

Joe

Exactly what you would expect from Apple... :P

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I bet they would have looked much better if you had the balls to ingest massive quantity of alcohol. They may still look very ugly the next morning, and you may still hate yourself afterwards!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

preceeding,

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Eh, I was working so ingesting a massive quantity of alcohol was a bit out of the question.

As luck would have it, I ran into these two again last night. My girlfriend was with me. She wanted to know if the one with two teeth (that look to be hanging on by one root each) was male or female. The other one finally took a shower.

Something tells me that even massive amounts of alcohol wouldn't have helped. ;-) The first guy they asked was pretty drunk.

I take it you've seen (or heard about) your fair share of situations where you'd rather chew your arm off than wake them up in the morning?

JS

Reply to
JS

Something similar happened to me last night. This girl I know has been wanting me for as long as I've known her(she's one of those girls who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch). Unfortunately for me, in my drunken state somewhere around 3:00 A.M., I was tricked into giving her my phone number. It could have been worse, thank god I didn't wake up next to her! :0 I just won't be answering my phone for a while if I don't recognize the number. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Ouch... good luck. If she's wanted you that long, something tells me she's not going to give up any time soon. It might be the right time to try to change your phone number... ;-)

At least you didn't wake up next to her... good move.

JS

Reply to
JS

Soooo, did anyone see the new low slung Dodge during the SB?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Oh yes, yes, yes, yes...

That is one bad ass looking machine.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Yeah, I kinda liked it(except for the fact that it has a hemi) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news:401EBF70.6000403 @bellsouth.net:

Erik, what're you being a wiseass for? ;)

I missed it, but I saw it in person at the car show last year. Looks way better in person than any pictures I've seen.

Joe

Somehow missed it. I actually didn't even start watching the game until about 5 minutes left in the first half and I wasn't paying that much attention until the end. I saw the halftime show... even if Justin would have pulled off all of her clothes, it wouldn't have made up for the most absolutely lame show I'd seen in a very long time. I'd give your average street performer more credit. It's pretty bad when Kid Rock and Justin Timberlake are the only two with a live mic. All but the last song were years old.

Sorry, that was my turn to gripe. Otherwise, I thought it was a good game. Delhomme threw some amazing passes - too bad their secondary couldn't hold them in the game.

You have any links to the Dodge? I'm curious to see what this thing is....

JS

Reply to
JS