OT: Speaking of car commercials...

Me?????? :0 ??????

I'm not being a wiseass, I'm just not satisfied with the new "hemi"

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Tried to call my Dodge dealer this morning, got a busy signal all morning LOL.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Google "Super bowl ads" and watch the monkey on your back ad.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

If you ever see a teal Mustang with a sticker in the back that says "Yeah... it's got a Hemi." Roll down the window and baha ha ha ha ha like a sheep at him. :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"Erik D." wrote in news:401F3C01.9000300 @bellsouth.net:

Care to share why? I'm just curious as I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

Joe

I dunno, I guess my expectations were too high. I have seen alot of these guys that have huge HEMI stickers all over the place, and dodge makes sure everyone knows which one of their trucks has the hemi because it says it all over the truck. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but after seeing a few of them at the track I was really dissapointed. Here's a truck with a supposed 345 horsepower, and what? 375 ft/lbs or something???? Anyway, they don't seem like they really have that much in a 1/4 mile run. Now I know it wasn't built to be a drag racer, but with that much (supposed) power, it should be well into the 14's, yet I see some struggle to get out of the 16's(there are alot of them running at the track). The fastest ones I have seen run anywhere from 14.5 to

15.0 and mph about 89-92. And the ones running those speeds aren't stock. I have talked to quite a few owners who were also dissapointed with them performance wise. Like I said, I know the truck wasn't built to be a drag racer, it just seems to me that they are not getting the power they are rated at. A regular cab one weighs in about the same as my truck, has 105 more hp(stock) and 35 ft.lbs more of torque. It just seems like they should be faster than me, but a stock one has no chance of keeping up with me, even on the interstate. I am sure they do other "truckly" duties just fine though. Just another .02 Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

LOL!!!! There is a maroon one around here too, a 99-up. The kid who drives it is a retard. Every time he rides by when I am at the lake we yell at him. I don't think he gets it though cause the sticker has been on his car for months now. Some people don't deserve mustangs, lol! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Not too bad. It's about time... I'd say. Don't know that I'd pick that over the other options available, but if it's priced right, it'll sell easily.

JS

Reply to
JS

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Yeah, the graphics things are ridiculous. Haven't seen too many of them around though. I do like the 'Hemi' tag on the front fender ahead of the wheel on the Ram. Most of the Hemis I've seen are like that - just the tag.

Erik, are these the Ram 1500s you're talking about? And are they 4- doors or CCs? I do know they all have automatics, and I'll bet they're a lot heavier than your Lightning. Now I'm curious as to weight, gearing, etc.

Joe

I have seen all different ones run from 4door 4x4 to 2 door reg. cab. Obviously, in stock trim the reg. cab is quicker. The fastest one I have seen was extended cab, not sure what he has but he ran a 14.5 at

92ish(Its white, sure is nice looking :)) Going by what the owners are saying, they weigh in at about 4800 pounds for an extended cab 2wd model, which is approximately 300 pounds heaier than my truck. Gen1 Lightnings are ridiculously heavier than a reg F150 due to the thicker frame, 351, heavier rear end, sway bars, and beefed up E4OD. Also, from what I hear, alot of the dodges are coming with 3.73 gears(or whatever dodges alternative is for that). This is all just what I hear though, I have no written proof. Maybe i'll do some research tomorrow, I am curious now, lol. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

No, the green one is Earl and it's quite fast. He's "Sprayin302" on AOL and is a reg in the FOrd vs Chevy chat room.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeah Baby!

I am waiting for mine to be delivered! Inferno Red. Black leather interior. 340 hp, 390 lb-ft of torque. Without a blower. Mine is the RT version. The RT-8 is suppose to have blower and be in excess of 440 hp. Can we say Just me koi will be tweaking the engine quickly? Flowmaster, K&N intake, and blower......me very happy boy! But I still love my 66 Mustang the best!

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"