OT: SVT Lightning Does The Autobahn

Found this link in the Dodge truck group, believe it or not:

The speedometer was already buried at around 4500 RPM.

Joe

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

Don manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Awesome! :) Brings back memories of when I was visiting family in Germany this past August and drove on the autobahn for the first time. It was exhillerating to say the least! It would have been nice to drive on it with a Mustang, but I was stuck with a rented VW Polo :(

Reply to
TnT

Blower whine makes me hard.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Wow! I haven't had much chance to poke my nose in here lately but I'm happy to find a link like this upon my return! I think Oklahoma needs an "Oklabahn".

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

And with maybe a little less traffic, too.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

I thought that is what the Hefner Parkway was? Now that cops can't turn around anymore.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mustang GT doing it.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Dang! and I just saw a Gen 1 Lighting with a Vortech for sale. sounds like fun, might have to give it a look.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

If you buy it, you will not be dissapointed!! Gen 1's are fun. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Joe,

What does the speedo go up to on the Lightnings? Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Not sure. But from that video it looks like it needs more or bigger numbers. The speedo needle stopped while the tach kept creeping upward.

Reply to
DriveSpy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DriveSpy) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

Over in the Dodge group they said the speedo topped out at 140. It's too hard to tell on the video.

Joe

It is 140mph.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

ALSO, on this truck it's in kph. The top number is 220, which is just shy of 140(137.5 mph).

By watching the tach after the speedo buries, I calculate they hit about

157.5 or 158 mph at just a tick over 4800 rpm.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Insanity. Thats just plain sick. I bet it was alot of fun though ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Good lord. How much HP does it tack to shove a Lightening through the air that fast. I didn't get the details on the truck.

Reply to
DriveSpy

I think the latest lightning was rated at 380 hp. I'm impressed with how quick it reaches the end of the scale also. It doesn't need that much space to reach it. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein