OT: That's not right - Bichon Frise & Roush Mustang

It was a horrible sight: I rolled off I90 and came to a stop at the traffic light. There I was, behind a Roush Mustang, with the driver holding a Bichon Frise (or similar - I'm not a dog guy) on his lap with the head out the window.

That's just not right.

Floyd R

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Agree totally! The Bichon belongs in an Audi TT or Porsche Boxter.

Shelby John

Reply to
John Verdi

Reply to
Frank ess

His Miata was in the shop; the Mustang was a loaner.

Reply to
Scott in SoCal

And the vehicle must also be driven by a FEMALE - the Bichon Frise is a 'chick' breed!

:-p~

Reply to
Michael G. Koerner

Too funny. Reminds me of a time when I was walking out of work, and noticed a miata with flames painted on the hood. I immediately thought to myself "how gay", at which time I noticed a guy get out of the car, holding a Pomeranian, and both he and the dog had matching sweaters!

Reply to
TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65

Sounds like a slam-dunk to me

Reply to
RB

And he has an upcoming cleanup job from spilling quiche in his Prius. :)

Reply to
MLOM

Funny, especially when you consider that a Miata handles a lot better than any Mustang.

Reply to
223rem

I had my beagles in my Stang today. They love the ride and I love taking them. Don't be fooled, they are tough sturdy hunting dogs in a little dog body. But a Bichon Frise... what IS it with old guys (I'm betting he was) and little lap dogs? I see that a lot. Too much.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

You have a strange definition of "lot", what little difference there is between the two is more than made up by the power in the Mustang. There's a reason that the Monster Miata has a Mustang engine transplant and there is no one going to the trouble of putting a Miata engine in a Mustang.

Reply to
WindsorFo

What is your definition of "handle"?

Horses for courses.

Depending on what you want them to do, one brand/model/iteration will be better than another.

Put me in the driver seat of a Miata, I'll whip the pants off a Mustang with a similar level of preparation. On an autocross course.

Put another way, I'll be faster in that Miata than in the Mustang, and it won't be a difference in skills. On an autocross course.

Across West Texas, or on a road racing course, give me the Mustang. Don't mention street racing.

I don't have them at hand, but the way I remember it from the results of last year's SCCA national autocross championships, Shelby GTs were fastest in their class, Miatas in theirs, but the Miatas' times were a little better.

Reply to
Frank ess