OT: Totalled Honda value unbelievable!

Our insurance company finally got around to putting a value on the innocent Honda our drunken neighbor totalled for us three weeks ago. Before I give it away, I'd like to hear what some of you think it's worth. It's a '96 V6, has everything but leather. Some interior wear, could use a good cleaning. Exterior has one dent with scratches and some scratches on lower part of front bumper. Many small, possibly difficult to see scratches all over the car, but mechanically a very sound vehicle with 105,000 miles.

So what say you all?

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Around 8/5/2003 11:55 PM, C. Olofsson spake thusly:

If that is a high "unbelievable", I'll vote $6-7,000. If that is a low "unbelievable", I'll go with $2-3,000. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Cindy.. NADA says somewhere from 5000 to $7000

davez

Reply to
Dave

Somewhere between $8,800-$9,650 I would think...............

Bill S.

C. Olofss> Our insurance company finally got around to putting a value on the innocent

Reply to
Bill S.

Kristen's Accord brought $7500 it was a 1990 2 door with about 190k on the odometer.

Do your homework Cindy, like I told you to. Look at ads for similar cars in your area (California for that matter), make copies of them. Look online KBB.com (get high and low) Go to dealerships have them give you printouts Remember.. I said to detail the interior and under the hood. I wasn't kidding. If it's clean all over, it matters a lot and significantly increases the value of the car. Insist that the car was impeccibly maintained.

Stand your ground.

Kate

| > So what say you all? | >

| > Cindy | > '96 laser red auto GTS | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

My friend just had one totaled, his was a '92(i think) fully loaded with about 150,000 on it, in perfect condition. The insurance gave him 7500 for it. I was amazed to say the least. Being that yours is newer, I'd say you'll get a decent amount more than that. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

That's pretty amazing.

I did, and come to find out that wasn't even necessary!

Great advice, Kate, but I didn't even need to do that! They gave us $10,300 for it!?!? I'm in shock still...

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Well, if there had been a prize for the closest guess, Mr S. would have won. Liberty Mutual (and I thought State Farm was better...HA!) is giving us $10,300. I can't believe it... I know a used Honda has great resale value, but that isn't what insurance companies base their operations on...or so I thought.

My husband was home when the insurance rep came to evaluate the car; a very nice little old man, to quote my husband. We're thinking maybe he just felt sorry for us. LOL!

I'm starting to wonder what I would get for my Mustang... KBB and NADA give both my car and the Honda similar values, differing by only a couple hundred dollars. My Mustang, in fact, is supposedly worth more, but somehow I can't see any insurance company giving paying over $10,000 for a totalled '96 Mustang GT.

Here's a pic of the damage to the Honda, if somebody missed it:

Thanks for playing, folks!

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Did you check to be sure that it is what the going price is? I mean, it sounds great.. but you never know if you can get another few hundred or not just by doing a bit of homework.

Glad things are working out for you Cindy, you deserve a break :)

Kate

| > Do your homework Cindy, like I told you to. | > Look at ads for similar cars in your area (California for that matter), | make | > copies of them. | > Look online KBB.com (get high and low) | | I did, and come to find out that wasn't even necessary! | | > Go to dealerships have them give you printouts | > Remember.. I said to detail the interior and under the hood. I wasn't | > kidding. If it's clean all over, it matters a lot and significantly | > increases the value of the car. | > Insist that the car was impeccibly maintained. | >

| > Stand your ground. | | Great advice, Kate, but I didn't even need to do that! They gave us $10,300 | for it!?!? I'm in shock still... | | Cindy | '96 laser red auto GTS | | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I was closest to the actual value, what do I win.................

Bill S.

C. Olofss> They gave us $10,300

Reply to
Bill S.

Hey Cindy! that's 25% down on Bill's Cobra!

Kate

| > Bill S. | >

| > C. Olofsson wrote: | > > They gave us $10,300 | > > for it!?!? I'm in shock still... | > >

| > > Cindy | > > '96 laser red auto GTS | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey, you're right... Better slap me before I get carried away. ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Reply to
Bill S.

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:53:10 GMT, "Bill S." wrote something wonderfully witty:

I originally said that when the first pots were made on the subject. I was scoffed at. I actually said right around $9650.00 if I remember correctly.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:03:35 -0700, "C. Olofsson" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Yeah, guess that's the problem with selective reading. Once somebody says something a reader doesn't agree with they discontinue reading the post or series of posts. I did not just say that I was given a replacement vehicle, I said that on the one time I was low-balled I demanded a car that replicated mine since they said one could be had at that price.

My memory isn't that exact but I also posted about doing both a KBB and Nada Guides search on your car giving it both maximum and minimum options and conditions since I didn't have the exact specifics about your car.

Short of doing a google search, and I have the no-archive bit set, I believe I said it would be in the neighborhood of $9650 based on info from both guides and a search of going used prices of your car on auto trader. Of course that was options and condition dependent.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Why are you getting pissy again? I only asked an honest question. Go back and read your OWN posts. You never gave an amount, and here you are claiming you did. Geez, you can't expect me to proof-read for you!

You must have issues with women, or something. You and tom ought to get along very well.

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:45:03 -0700, "C. Olofsson" wrote something wonderfully witty:

What ever, of course you must be right, you say you are. Have you ever sat back relaxed, took a deep breath and examined your relationship with the opposite sex?

As of yet I have made no mention of your gender in any relationship to anything you have ever posted. Matter of fact when I initially responded to your post I did not know you to be male or female. You are the one who brought your gender to my attention. On usenet, and to me specifically gender is neutral. I could care less if you are hermaphrodite from venus. It isn't germane to the issue at hand.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Never argue with an idiot...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I was way off on my estimate on the Honda--I glad that you didn't get screwed over on the car.

Now if we can just screw the assclown that did the damage in the first place...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Whatta ya want ZW a freaking pat on the back, someone to kiss your ass or a "Oh my gosh you were so right.!"

get over it !

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, I'm sure not trying to pick a fight here. and I'm not going to try and stir one.

and since the prize for guessing how much it was, was 'nuttin'

I never saw a dollar amount in your first posts either. Is it possible the post got lost on the server...

It happens to me on a fairly regular basis. I see only the replies, not the regular posts, or I miss replies and see the body in another message.

What I was trying to point out ZW was that you sounded like you were looking for some sort of recognition over what was a silly thing to begin with. The whole thing boils down to 'nuttin' :)

Kate

| >Whatta ya want ZW a freaking pat on the back, someone to kiss your ass or a | >"Oh my gosh you were so right.!" | >

| >get over it ! | >

| >Kate | >

| No Kate that isn't the issue at all. Matter of fact it really doesn't | even matter because it is such a small issue in the inter-planetary | scheme of things. I am more then willing to drop it. | | Cindy is 100% right because she says so. I am more then willing to | accept that. Matter of fact think I have already said so. She | doesn't need facts or the truth to back her up, just her word. That | is fine by me. I will no longer respond to her posts and I hope that | satisfies you as well. | | If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. | -- | | ZombyWoof | | The wages of sin are death, but after taxes are taken out, | it's just a tired feeling.

Reply to
SVTKate