OT: waiting for Charlie.

That's it, my jobs for the next 3 days have been postponed due to Hurricane Charlie's intended visit to the Tampa Bay area. So Pony s safely tucked in the garage and I'm awaiting tomorrow mornings forecasts to see what damage he did (if any) to the keys. If it looks bad, guess I gather all loose stuff from the yard and store it and just sit it out.

All 3 vehicles are gassed up, we have plenty of bread and peanutbutter as well as water. So if I'm offline for a few days it's cause that brat Charlie nailed us and the power is out.

Reply to
Paul

WindsorFox[SS]

Same here, I'm in Safety Harbor. Hopefully the Cobra is safe in the garage (it's safe harbor)

mort

Reply to
mortguffman

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens myself. I'm in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I've heard Charlie's gone up to a Cat 3.

Reply to
Iggy

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hope you guys (and your cars) all fare well. Doesn't look too good for Tampa Bay. Some forecasters down here (SoFla) are saying that Charley's going to be Tampa Bay's Andrew. Hope they're wrong. Stay safe.

Joe

at 12 Aug 2004, WindsorFox[SS] [ snipped-for-privacy@SPAMcox.net] wrote in news:o3RSc.27572$Jo1.667@lakeread01:

Nice! No price though. No local dealers either, just a distributor.

Reply to
Paul

at 12 Aug 2004, Iggy [ snipped-for-privacy@business.com] wrote in news:yfUSc.911$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Looks like Charlie is moving more easterly. Tampa bay may be spared the flood surge but it looks like Sarasota/Bradenton is gonna get it. Still looks like we are going to get some nasty high winds though. Spent the morning getting all the stuff from the yard into the garage. of course my Mustang is in the garage as well. There's a Dodge Van and a GMC 1500 parked across in front of the garage door to be used as wind breakers so the garage door gets a break and my Mustang is safe. *L* See, there is a use for GM and Chrysler products.

Reply to
Paul

Scoop up the crew and Cmon up here where it's safe Paul...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Always the optimist! LOL

I hope all of you folks and families down there in FLorida stay safe and dry.. your Mustangs too!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Here I sit near Jacksonville. All the lawn furniture packed inside the garage around my $7000 Mustang while my $20,000 truck sits in the driveway. Some how it makes perfect sense to me!

Reply to
Skunkfeet

at 13 Aug 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:bv7Tc.23639$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Thanks for the offer hon. But we got very lucky, Charley went a little right, came ashore way south of us and came up east of us. All we got was some rain and wind. Nothing more serious than a tropical storm. Much to my delight. Even tho I spent about 5 hours this morning getting sandbag and storing a ton'o'yardcrap in my garage. :-)

Good practice anyway. Tampa bay hasn't had a hurricane in a long time so both probability and Murphy's law favor us getting hit sooner than later....

Reply to
Paul

Paul wrote in news:Xns9544C79603955parrotpapa@65.32.1.8:

Damn straight. Pity those poor sould in the Ft. Myers area that thought they'd escaped.

Joe