OT: Whatever became of Buick?

Gee, the magnificent 442. The exhilerating Regal, Grand National and the GNX. Now, 4-cylinder, overchromed vehicles aimed at minorities?? "How the might hath..." Well, maybe they've captured a niche...

Rich

Digging this out from a couple of months ago: The 442 was an Oldsmobile.

It's funny - if it weren't for the performance, the fact that the Regal/GN = (and even the GNX) were disappointing since they were only powered by V6 mo= tors. Back then, the question was "whatever happened to Buick V8 power!?". = If they had a quick enough 4 cylinder, there'd be less discussion.=20

And by less, I guess I mean less than the one reply on a Mustang newsgroup.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

(and even the GNX) were disappointing since they were only powered by V6 motors. Back then, the question was "whatever happened to Buick V8 power!?". If they had a quick enough 4 cylinder, there'd be less discussion.

Disappointing how? *we* were pretty impressed when it cam out in 87 as even the underrated advertised power was more than that years Corvette.

Reply to
WindsorFo

/GN (and even the GNX) were disappointing since they were only powered by V=

6 motors. Back then, the question was "whatever happened to Buick V8 power!= ?". If they had a quick enough 4 cylinder, there'd be less discussion.

That's the point I was trying to make - drawing a parallel how it only had = a V6 then to the Rich's comment that it's a 4 cyl now. Yet they made that l= ittle V6 into something impressive then. If they got similar results from t= he current 4 cyl's, would someone look back at them in 25 years saying "wha= t happened to the turbo 4's!?". It's all perspective.

Not sure what his point about being aimed at minorities is though. Is he ta= lking about women? Old people?=20

Steve One time "shit disturber"

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

V6 then to the Rich's comment that it's a 4 cyl now. Yet they made that little V6 into something impressive then. If they got similar results from the current

4 cyl's, would someone look back at them in 25 years saying "what happened to the turbo 4's!?". It's all perspective.

talking about women? Old people?

Okay, yeah. Look at the Focus ST 250HP turbo 4 cyl. My Mustang rolled off the floor stock with a 225HP V8. I didn't catch the minority thing either. The "minority" car guy that I know has an Acura and is an automotive engineer. LOL That would be Kevin on my FB list.

Reply to
WindsorFo