paint flaking off

Have a 1996 white cobra. Anyone where to get a ready made can of touch up for it. I believe the code is zr1 or similar. Anyone else have this problem? It started on the doors when I pulled my racing numbers off. Paint must be chemically changing as it seems very easy to seperate the finish from the primer. The roof was next when I tried to suction cup a dent out. Maybe I'll just put some strips on it to hide the peeling.

dave

Reply to
dave

Your local ford dealer - $6.95 for 2oz. No clearcoat touchup needed, mixed right in.

Reply to
japhar81

Dave, I'm gonna be mean to you, so sit down.

Sounds like you are treating your paint pretty poorly. You Stuck letters on it, pulled them off and yanked the paint off with them. Then you dented it THEN you added insult to injury by using a suction cup to pop the dent and now ot top of it all you want to use touch up paint?

Dumbass.

At this point you may as well go buy some yellow duct tape and use it to make racing stripes because you have already screwed it up. any REAL atripes will not hide peeling. Vinly will suck down int the chips, the area for painted stripes has to be prepped like any other paint repair before applying.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > dave | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yabut, that should have never happened. In fact the way the local Chrysler dealer "tested" the paint on my 92 Dodge truck for warranty replacment was to stick some tape on it and yank. When the paint came with the tape they repainted it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeabut.. when it was dented it prolly cracked the paint and and yeabut there is a method of removing things like that without stripping the paint AND yeabut... you still have a point and I agree with you.

Kate

| > Sounds like you are treating your paint pretty poorly. | > You Stuck letters on it, pulled them off and yanked the paint off with them. | > Then you dented it THEN you added insult to injury by using a suction cup to | > pop the dent and now ot top of it all you want to use touch up paint? | >

| | Yabut, that should have never happened. In fact the way the | local Chrysler dealer "tested" the paint on my 92 Dodge truck for | warranty replacment was to stick some tape on it and yank. When the | paint came with the tape they repainted it. | | -- | 2.3Sleeper: "Anyone know how to disable the daytime | running lights on a 2001 Crown Vic or on a 2002 GMC?" | | SVTKate: "A ball peen hammer?"

Reply to
SVTKate

You might want to check and see if your car is covered under one of Fords many unannounced recalls for paint problems.

Reply to
ironrod