Paint Information for 69 - 70 Rear Spoiler

I want to paint the rear spoiler on my Satin Silver 06 GT Convertible the same color/finish as the flat black 69 - 70 rear spoilers were painted...

Can anyone tell me the old Ford part number for the paint, or even better, the modern equivalent?

Thanks!

Tony

Reply to
Tony

It's not mentioned in my Shop Manuals, but by my eye, it's not painted. It's FRP (fiberglass reinforced polyester) and the colorant was blended into the resin. They probably used carbon black. That was and still is about the cheapest and most durable way to do it.

There is one very knowledgeable and experienced Mustang scholar and builder that may be able to provide the answer you seek, but he no longer participates or lurks here. There are other places that he can be found, but you must search him out to prove your worthiness.

Otherwise, I any premium flat black done in a matte finish should be close.

Reply to
John

Thanks! I took a closer look at my 70 Sportsroof and I believe you are correct... I will get it painted a Matte Flat Black..

Tony

Reply to
Tony