Performance Mufflers for 07 Mustang GT

I am contemplating replacing the stock mufflers on my 07 Mustang GT. I am not really looking at trying to bump up the HP, I just want to get a nice rumble out of the car. Also, does replacing the mufflers with any aftermarket muffler require a computer reflash?

Reply to
udontknowme

I'll mention the FRPP M-5230 GTA, deep, solid sound, low restriction, no drone, gets pretty demonstrative when you get on it. Direct bolt-on replacement, comes with 4-inch rolled chrome tips.

I've never heard of an axle-back system requiring a re-flash.

Reply to
Frank ess

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think a reflash would be required but I subscribe to the thought that there is (almost) no such thing as a dumb question.

Reply to
udontknowme

The GTAs do have a nice sound. Throaty and deep but not raspy. The JBA mufflers (50-2627) have a similar sound as well. I have an 06 Mustang GT and have the Flowmaster 17410 axle-backs on mine, very happy with those. There are probably 20 odd different set ups to choose from, from straight through designs, to "turbo" style to chambered. Spend some time googling for sound clips and that should help you make up your mind. Anything you do behind the catalytic convertors (exhaust wise) will be just fine with no reflash, the factory setup flows so well that anything behind the cats is mostly for sound and appearance. Also, FYI, if you do go with the Flowmaster setup as I did, have them welded on, don't even mess with the clamps that come in the kit.

Scott

06 GT Flowmasters, GMS Cold Air, Predator Tuner
Reply to
Scott