Phase II Complete

It ('69 Mach 1 390 Toploader Acapulco Blue) arrived yesterday afternoon via enclosed trailer. It was a little dusty and looked like it had seen some rain. The driver said it had been raining when he loaded it over the weekend.

It fired right up and sounded great. The driver backed it out of the trailer and into our court, or cul de sac. I got in it and pulled it into the drive. I was itching to go for a ride, but, alas, there was no registration or tag. Dammit! I spent the evening looking it over. The only problem I saw was the passenger door would not open. I break out the shop manuals and there's part of the solution. I need a 1/8" diameter x 30" metal rod to make an emergecy door opener. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

The local Secretary of State's office does not open until 11 a.m. on Wednesdays. Dammit! I'm there at 10:45 a.m.! Alright! I've got the tag and registration. I also got a 1/8" diameter x 36" metal rod at Ace for $1.99 earlier. So I head home to open the passenger door, put the tag on, and put the registration in the glove box. It appears when the passenger door is locked the door will not open even if you unlock it first. Once I push the latch pawl lever down with my homemade tool, the door pops right open though. I'll look into that lock problem later.

So, I go for a ride! First, I went by work and showed my ride to all the gang. Way cool! Everyone liked it. Then I took it for a 10 mile ride through the country. Wow, that big block can really pull! Then, I pick up the 3 of the 4 kids at school. The 4th is at the dentist with Mom. When I got out to go inside to the the one in kindergarten, I was approached by a nice looking soccer mom saying, "That's a beautiful Mustang! My first car was a Mustang! God, how I loved that car. I really miss it!" We talked all the way into school. I thought I'd have trouble getting my smile and head through the door, but I seemed to slither right on in!

I collect the kids and they race to the car. It's their first ride too. It's quite crowded on the way home with all those teeth showing on our four big smiles!

When kid #4 comes home, I promised him a ride to the credit union so he can get hsi birthday present from them. They send a birthday card to all the kids that have an account.

So, I'm looking forward to #4 coming home, so we can go for a ride in the Mach 1! I think I'll take the Interstate. Bwahhahahahahahahah!

Reply to
John

go kill em you dumb ass

Reply to