Ping Musttanguy....

Tim,

I have a question about the newer fake hood scoops on stock GTs (and even some V6's it seems anymore). Do you know if the honeycomb-looking front piece that blocks the air from entering a separate piece from the rest of the scoop? Would you happen to have one of those lying around anywhere?

Sorry for the silly question... someone wants me to modify theirs and I want to make sure I can get one relatively easily if necessary.

JS

Reply to
JS

That should read "that blocks the air from entering IS a separate piece from the rest of the scoop..."

JS

Reply to
JS

The black insert is indeed a seperate piece and is removable. With that said, it is somewhat difficult to remove as there are round barbed rings that are on about 4 plastic studs holding it in, these will brake the plastic studs if not careful when trying to remove. (regular nuts can be used to replace when putting back together)

Unfortunately I don't have any scoops/inserts and I am pretty sure they are not available seperately. I would consider leaving insert in place and drilling holes in a pattern through the insert and backing of the scoop.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy