Pinhole in radiator tank

I've got a '94 Mustang 3.8L V6 and the left radiator tank (the PLASTIC part) has a pinhole in it. I've tried eproxy and also goop glue, but nothing holds. My question is do I need to replace the whole radiator? Is it possible to replace just the tank? I can't find a place that sells just the tank, so I was considering the local junk yard and pull one out myself, but I don't know if that is even possible or not.

Reply to
MicrosoftBob

Radiators are not real expensive.. but if 130 or so is too much for you, clean off that crap on there real well, then get a small sheet metal screw with a truss, oval or pan head.. key is that it contacts flat. Then get a faucet washer that fits it tight.

drill the pinhole out with a bit that is just slightly smaller than the solid body of the screw. Tighten the screw just good and snug.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Not possible on any I've seen, rather I guess I should say PRACTICALLY impossible.. using practical in the classical sense. It takes a special tool

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The tank that sits on top and what you pour the coolant into?

It's a separate part in no way attached to the radiator unless you count the lower rad. hose branch that goes to it.

Reply to
Brent P

Permatex makes a repair kit.

Reply to
.boB

My 96 3,8 Mustang coupe had same problem.. Less than an hour in the driveway, and $115 I had the same radiator as factory.. (Modine if I remember correctly.. ) Two hoses,, two tranny cooler lines, reserve tank and it's hose.. remove and replace..

You don't want to run this engine hot,,, Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck (in SC)