Pix of my kids' '65

Finally we had a sunny Sunday so I could take some web pix of my kids' '65 fastback with the 2-mPixel Nikon Santa brought me for Xmas. Here's a few:

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
one80out

Camera works really well! Nice car, too ;-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Nice car. Why is it your kids and not yours? :)

Reply to
Mark

Beauty. I hope he kept the stock rims :). Anyway, the fasback imho is SO much better looking than the coupe. In fact, that right there is my favorite year and body style of all. From '69-'04 they do nothing for me.

Reply to
tony kujawa

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Yes. That's Marin county on the north shore of the bridge. The Golden Gate bridge spans the 'golden gate' which was the entry path to the gold mining areas of N. California long before the bridge was built. It's also got "golden hills" because it's pretty dry. The actual bridge isn't even red, rather a pale Campbell's tomato soup orange-red. Tourists constantly ask "Is it always that color?" Yes, and from a distance it looks darker red.

-John

Reply to
Generic

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

My family owns land on the Tomales Bay penisula right otuside of Inverness a little slice of Gods country called Shallow Beach. Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Hi Spike, I grew up in Novato too. Novato high school, class of '85.

Reply to
Mark

Nothing wrong with your PC, the camera is bad and there is not enough light there is no way I could focus on the stone in the rear tire

Reply to
George W. Frost

And here I was trying to give you an out if it wasn't my computer....

so the question still remains.... what color is it?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Looks midnight blue to me.

Reply to
George W. Frost

Looks kind of like Caspian Blue at sunset...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

looks maroon to me

Reply to
John

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Holy cow! You're older than dirt, Spike. :)~ I went to Loma Verde too. You probably remember what it was like with the base housing and an active Hamilton Airforce base. Things have changed. My sister lives in Novato so I get a glance of the old stomping grounds once in a while

Reply to
Mark

It's dark brown metallic, the previous owner's choice. Not a Ford color. Ironically it was maroon from the factory, my second or third favorite color for cars (behind black cherry and that medium blue they used on '69 Chevys, Nassau Blue I think).

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
one80out