Plug under seat

There's a hole in the carpet centered directly under the driver's seat with a wire coming out of it with a plug on the end. It looks factory. Anybody know what this is for? I can't find it in the manual. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the seat belt because I can see the wires for it off to the side.

'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3111.bay.webtv.net:

Well.. you neglected to note whether or note you have power seats

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

No power seats so I guess the plug's there ready and waiting...?

Reply to
Sunset Sam

at 02 Feb 2005, Sunset Sam [ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3113.bay.webtv.net:

Same thing in my 95. Judging from another 95 that has powerseats I'm pretty sure that's just what it's for. I have on under the passenger seat as well. It may need a relay/fuse in the fusebox though, haven't checked to see if it's live...

Reply to
Paul

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Would it be for the power to adjust the lumbar pad in the seat back?

Reply to
Dave Combs

If the wiring is the same for the '91 GT then that would be your fuse for the fuel pump.

Had mine go out one time, and that was were it was located.

JC

Reply to
JC

If your car lacks a power driver's seat, that is what it is likely for.

Reply to
Brent P

Power Lumbar

Reply to
Mark Conklin

That would be my suggestion as well.

Reply to
Dave Combs

Thanx everyone. I didn't think about power seats. My car doesn't have them, so that's probably what the plug is for. At first I thought it might be for something important and useful, like an ejection seat, but I don't have a sunroof so that'd be hard on the neck!

Reply to
Sunset Sam