Power seat Switches for 89 LX 5.0

Hi - the seat switches on my 89 convert are starting to give up the ghost - I have wondered through the local yards and most of the Mustangs there are base 4 cylinder cars - does any one know if any other Ford models used the same switches - I have looked in some T- Birds, Taurus etc of the same vintage but the designs are all different

My car is a totally stock LX 5.0 convert from Nevada ( meaning no rust but faded paint) with 87,000 original miles

I am at the point now that if I see good original trim parts on junkyard cars that will match up with my car I am inclined to grab them as I think there will only be a few more years that these cars are commonly available with the price of scrap and the anti junker laws

Anyway I am thinking this seat switch design is fairly unique and I sure would like to have a spare or two

Anyway happy motoring to all you fellow 5.0 fans ( the quickest way for me to get myself in a good mood is to go for a nice cruise to nowhere in particular or better yet to the wrecking yard)

Don

Reply to
donsjunkk

Don't know about others using the same switch, however, there are several Mustang parts vendors beginning to carry parts up to at least

2005, and others covering Mustang IIs. As the earliest Mustangs become hard to find, and are either restored, restomoded, or wiped out, the vendors will continue to add models. If they didn't, they would run out of customers and go out of business.

You can likely find billet switches. OR you can do a web search for auto reclamation in yours or surrounding regions/states and call them. I think, also, that it is CJ Pony Parts which has their own salvage yard of nothing but Mustangs.

Reply to
Spike

I hate to do this, 'cause it seems like an ad, but Late Model Restoration Supply has never failed to amaze me, their website is at

Also, Mustang Parts Specialties, at (I think)
Finally, if you pull the part, youcan find the part number imprinted on it. A good parts guy (person?)can search on this and may find other model's it has been used on. Oneguy locally was even able to recognize it by eye and find anotherequivalent part. Try different Ford dealers in your area. You'llknow you found a good one when he sounds truly engaged, not just"(yawn...) gimme the part number... (tap tap tap computerkeyboard) ... Nope, don't got it" Good luck. Parts for early Fox bodies are definitely starting to get rare.

Reply to
Jim C

That's not an ad. It's a bit of advice and recommendation of a source which has met your needs and therefore has afavorable reference.

An ad is when you post to the group with the intent of making a profit.

And I was about to post the same recommendation of 50resto. I have their catalog and it's GREAT. Can't speak for their prices because I haven't bout from them.

Reply to
Spike