Power steering reservoir cap tether

The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken.

Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement?

The closest thing I have been able to find is a complete used resevoir with cap and tether on eBay but that seems like overkill.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ben Jammin

Aluminum foil?

seriously, try the junkyards

Reply to
hostlocal

"Been there, done that," as they say, with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Reply to
Ben Jammin

Answering my own question, I found a cap and retainer on eBay - seller RHENDRICKSAUTO (eBay store KAJJ Enterprise) - for $6.50 plus shipping. The item, Ford P/N F23C-3A006-BA, was marked "1993 Ford Tempo Power Steering Pump Cap 2.3 4 cyl," in the eBay listing but it is the same cap used on the 1997 Mustang GT (and probably several other Ford products as well).

Richard has many parts - including a variety of power steering resevoir caps - and they all seem clean and reasonably priced. My part was packed well and shipped quickly. I'd be happy to buy from him again in the future.

Reply to
Ben Jammin