Power steering with 1994 EFI 351W engine in 68 coupe?

Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am putting a 1994 EFI 351W engine from an SVT Lightning into my '68 coupe. The '68 has power steering, and I'd like to keep it. The engine pulled from the Lightning has a PS pump attached. Does anyone know how hard it would be to make it work with the '68's steering?

Thanks! Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Why would it be any harder than connecting the lines? Most "hose" shops can make hoses any length with any fittings on the ends. If you need a cooler, just put it on the return side. (Low pressure)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

As designed, it won't work. The older pumps have different pressures and flow rates than the old ones. You could probably make it work if you used a Heidt's adjustable pressure valve.

Reply to
.boB

So would the best bet be to use the '68 PS pump? Fab some sort of bracket?

Reply to
Thomas Cameron