Powerdyne BD-11 Supercharger - - Ford Mustang 5.0

Currently on ebay! only 6 days left!!!! NO RESERVE!!

This ad is for a Polished powerdyne supercharger (model bd-11). Everything needed to install it is included. Every nut, bolt, washer, hose, belt, bracket, pulley, and pipe! The head unit was rebuilt about

1000 miles ago, with 7-ton ceramic bearings and kevlar belt, (also has extra new kevlar belt)...A Paxton fuel management unit is included to increase fuel when boost is applied, and a vortech power pipe tapped for a by-pass valve is included. (by-pass valve is also included)... Head unit is extremely tight, and has no play. Impeller is perfect! Kit is rated at 6lbs of boost, but with a simple $60 pulley change, it can be increased by 50% to 9lbs of boost. Expect about a 100 horsepower gain. Horsepower for this kit on a stock 5.0 is somewhere around 300hp at the rear wheels, and about 350hp at the engine. With 9lbs of boost, its good for about 340hp at the wheels and 400hp at the engine! I also have a 65mm BBK throttle body with BBK egr spacer that comes with it, which would increase power by an extra 10-20 horsepower depending on boost level. There is also a brand new and never used Autometer Silverfaced Boost gauge with all the tubing to hook it up, and Pillar Pod to mount it. The supercharger fits 1986-1993 5.0 ford mustangs. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!! email me at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net . Thanks!
Reply to
Justin Anderson

Currently on ebay! only 5 days left!!!! NO RESERVE!!

[...]

Michael Johnson, PE

Is it powerdyne that if the blower screws up, it must be uninstalled & sent off to them for repairs? Like nobody is "allowed" or "trained" to repair them? Could be somebody else, but I coulda sworn it was Powerdyne.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

<memset

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Michael Johnson,

Actually the powerdyne is notorious for the problems you have highlighted. However it was a weak link in the product that caused the problems, not craftmanship. The belt that you pointed out as not very dependable was exactly the problem. Powerdyne would replace the belt when it broke, with the OEM belt. And once warranty ran out, the price of the rebuild with bearings would reach $500+. However, in the past 1-2 years, several companies have started performing the 'routine' maintinence themselves, most notably 928motorsports.com . These companies do NOT use the stock 5-ton non-ceramic soft alloy bearings, nor the stock fiberglass internal belts... they use upgraded 7-ton ceramic coated chrome-vandium bearings which will support 48,000 rpm (impeller speed), and a huge reduction in heat which will destroy the non-ceramic bearings. The belts are upgraded from 30 or 32mm fiberglass, to 32 or 35mm kevlar belts. The fiberglass belts will shred at high speed, however, kevlar is the material that bullet proof vests are made from and is known for its STRENGTH... Durability is NOT an issue in the upgraded powerdynes, as they are comparible any ever aspect with novi 1000's and a-trim vortechs.. even surpassing them in air discharge tempature (due to the self contained powerdyne head units) and quietness (due to the silent belt drive technology)...As most of you are familar with a few 'problems' in the past.. Such as the notorious head gaskets on the SuperCoupe T-birds... It was a problem with the original gaskets, but an upgraded set was made and it cured the problem. The Taurus SHO had problems with the Cams breaking at the geardrive, however it could be hardened or replaced... fixing the problem permanently! But anyways, thanks for your .02 ... As here are the other .98 :-)

Sincerely,

Justin Anderson

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:

Reply to
Justin Anderson

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Like I said, I completely agree with your statement, but only on stock powerdynes. The upgraded/updated versions have NO problem..Thanks again...

I also have an MSD 6AL system, with the optional boost timing master, if anyone is interested... keep the bids coming guys! 5 days left!!

Thanks,

Just> I wasn't intending to prevent you from making a sell here but we're a

Justin Anderson