Problem pumping gas, pump cuts off immediately as if full - is this a know problem? (2005)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a 2005, 6 cylinder, convertible. When I got gas last weekend it was half full, I started pumping the gas but the pump cuts off immediately, as if it were full. By repeatedly pumping a quick shot of gas before it cuts out I was able to get $5 dollars worth and I thought at that time the problem was the pump. Today Im just about completely empty and went to a different gas station and same problem. I get a quick shot of gas and the pump cuts out immediately. It took about 15 minutes to fill up half way. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Reply to
The.Mighty.Dave

Known problem something with the filler neck and a sensor Dealer may have a recall on it ?

Reply to
Namehere

Yes, there is a TSB on that; until you can get it to the dealer for repair (new tank?), many folks report turning the nozzle upside-down eases the process.

Frank ess

Hey it is not the pump or the gas tank it happened to my vehicle and a friend of mines all you need to do is blow out the venting tube u can bring it to the mechanic and ask them to blow it out for u for about $15 or u can do it urself by locating the venting tube in the gas cylinder where u place the pump, you stick ur finger in there and feel around for a small hole and then take an aircompressor n blow into it until u here bubbles. try and u will have the fastest gass fill up since it started to act up if you have anymore questions email snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Fodchuk

Reply to
AAAKings