Putt putt

I was driving down the interstate in my 96' GT, and as I accelerated to 65 mph, the engine just like gave up, and starting to sputter almost like it was missing or running on 7 cylinders. I had to drive it home, and the whole way there was a definite loss of power and the engine just kept sputtering and putting along, like making the putt putt noise.. Any ideas before I rip the engine apart. I have MSD ignition coils and ford racing spark plug wires.

Elijah

Reply to
Kemp

bad gas, partially plugged fuel filter will do that stuff get rid of the gas, put in new filter. make sure spark plug lines are separated from each other. test drive it.

no fixed? Read all the plugs (the have pix online) If you got one all oily and black, you may have burned valve, bad ring, so do a compression test nest (there are two types) if bad compression, .......engine

Good luck.

Reply to
John Campbell

I eventually found the problem. One spark plug wire was bad, and the O2 sensors were almost done with, so the car runs fine now. thanks for the input. I changed the fuel filter too just for good measure, it couldnt hurt.

Reply to
Kemp