[Q] 17" 2005-09 mags on 1997 GT

Hi folks,

Card's on the bar - I have a simple question (or two).

1) Would 17" mags/tires off a 2005+ Mustang GT fit on a stock 1997 GT, or would they rub?

2) Would these same 17" mags/tires off a 2005+ Mustang GT fit on a *my* 1997 GT, which has been lowered by about 2 inches?

As a data point, 225/55-16s on stock mags fit perfectly and don't rub, but 215/60-16 winter tires on the same mags rub slightly at the extremes.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Troy (T-Merc) Mercury

Those 17"s will be an inch taller and 20mm wider than your snows. You could get lower profile tires to fit. I have 275/40/17 around on my

2000 GT with 03 Cobra wheels.
Reply to
GILL