Question about changing doors in 87-93 mustang

My passenger side door is pretty wrecked from the outside due to an accident, is it possible to pick up another door that is manual and replace the inside with my electric door???

Reply to
TheBigItaly50

practically the answer is NO. I am sure you could do it, but it would mean some major work, like taking the inside panel off of the electric and attaching it in place of the manual, them making everything line up.

As an aside, if anyone in or around Austin, Tejas needs a door or two, I have a couple electrics, missing very few parts, for cheap, one is off a

90 and the other I think is off of a 92 or 93, both have glass.

TheBigItaly50 wrote:

Reply to
killfilewhat?

Well it can be done so I think the big NO is a little too heavy but you're correct, It would most likely be easier to find a power window door and do the swap. The regulator is riveted on but you should be able to drill them out and do the swap and simply run the wires in. Beware '87 doors have a smaller "accordion" for the wiring and can be a bitch to run the wiring through and also don't match the holes on the '88 up bodies. Learned that the hard way! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Where are you at? I've got 2 sets of doors for 88GT (one dark red set, one medium metallic blue set). They all were originally manual but one set (red ones) I converted to electric windows, lock, mirror. I salvaged them when my 88 got totaled. The passenger door got only tiny damage where it touched the front fender in the "big crunch".

-- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable, PIAA Driving lights.

Reply to
AZGuy

Im out here in San Diego

Reply to
TheBigItaly50

Its easy as pie! Just punch out the center pin of the rivet then drill them out with a 1/4 drill bit. To re-install just go to a local body or glass shop, they should have a 1/4 rivet gun or use 1/4-20 x 1/2 inch bolts to fasten the regulator. Make sure you use lock washers AND Lock-tite thread locker, the regulator bolts will loosen themselves without it.

Reply to
Gary Vitagliano