Question about switch panel

How does one remove the window/door lock panels from a Fox mustang. I have a set of the UPR brushed aluminum panels and switches but don't want to brake anything when removing the original stuff. It isn't even show in my repair manual.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Take out the philip head screw at the top of the window/door lock panels. You can then pry out the panel. If you want to make it a little easier remove the whole arm wrest by taking out the two bolts right underneath the part where you forearm wrests. If you have any more questions post again and I can take pics for you.

Shannon

Reply to
Shannon

Thanks Shannon I'll try removing the whole arm rest method. I tried just removing the screw but it didn't want to come out and I sure don't want to damage the original piece if at all possible.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

ONce you take that screw out there's really nothing holding it in. If you are careful with a small screwdriver you should be able to pop it out without doing any damage at all. If you wack the side of the armrest it might even pop out by itself.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy