Question on timing

Hi All,

I have a 1985 GT Stock 5.0.

Right now the car is tuned to stock. I don't know what the stock setting is for timing on these but i have heard that if you advance it that it can give a bit more juice. Can somebody please tell me stock and what it can be advanced to? I run super in it all the time so the gas thing won't be an issue.

thanks

Reply to
Steph

Try the real stock setting first. In other words be SURE it's at the stock setting. 10 degrees BDC IIRC. THEN, up it to 12 and max 14 IMO....I've seen here people go as high as 16. I don't think that's smart. If you do go beyond 10 degrees be SURE to ALWAYS use premium gas. Otherwise you'll get detonation.

You don't need to run super unleaded at the stock timing. 87 octane works. 93 is spending too much at stock timing.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy