Question on vintage consols for a 66

What is the major difference between a console for a convertible and non convertible?

How does a console made to for a vehicle with an air conditioner differ from one made for a vehicle without?

regards, DDB

Reply to
DDB

Man that was fast, thanks your the best!

Would you have any idea where I could lay my hands on one for a convertible without AC and for an automatic trans?

Reply to
DDB

The center "hump" of the convertible is a different shape then a coupe or fastback. AC consoles are known as "short" consoles, as they only go along the floor, and do not arch up towards the dashboard (where a small storage space would be located).

Bill S.

DDB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Try calling Bob Gelsi at 856-692-3178

Bill S.

Did I menti>>The center "hump" of the convertible is a different shape then a coupe

Reply to
Bill S.

Hey bill is there another way to contact this guy? His phone keeps ringing and he doesn't have an answering machine.

DDB

Reply to
DDB

That usually means that he is in the shop under a Mustang or a Shelby restoration project, either that, or because of the bad weather (wind storms) we are experiencing, his phone lines are down.........Try him back on Monday, as I spoke with him this week, and knew he should be in...........

Bill S.

DDB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I just spoke to Bob, He seems like a heck of a nice guy but he doen't have one either. Thanks for putting me in touch with him though. Do you know of any other quality folks who may have one?

Thanks

Dennis B.

Reply to
DDB