Quick question... tranny fluid

Yes Mike and I can have it delivered to your door in usually only 3 days.

All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

Joe, I only change my AMSOIL once a year too, or sometimes even longer if I get lazy. The car now has 236,000 miles on it. What am I doing wrong? :-) All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

Steve,

Does AMSOIL make something for the old lady? Hell, after the hysterectomy that "thang" is as dry as a popcorn fart!

Reply to
John

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yeah, try this

WindsorFox[SS]

Actually, what you're doing wrong is spamming the group (as you did over in the dodge truck group) with ads for commercial products.

As for the once-a-year oil change, to each his own. However, I wonder what the results would be if we took a poll on frequency of oil changes.

Serious question, Steve: What effect does not changing your oil for a whole year have on a factory warranty with a schedule that recommends an oil change every 3k miles?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comREMOVEXX (SnThetcOil) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:

Reply to
Joe

Depends on the oil. If the oil is not safely capable of yearly drain intervals and the worn out oil caused damage, the warranty on that damage could be voided. With oils that are specifically formulated for the rigors of safe, extended drain intervals, then there isn't a concern. If the oil didn't cause the problem, no warranty issues. AMSOIL has its own written warranty anyway. So using AMSOIL, the motorist is protected with the vehicle manufacturers warranty and the AMSOIL warranty. :-)

All the Best, Steve 15 year independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer Offering wholesale prices to all Dealerships available E-mail me for details

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comREMOVEXX (SnThetcOil) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m23.aol.com:

Let's cut to the chase. If am SVT Cobra had an internal engine problem and the owner used Amsoil with annual oil changes, would Ford void the warranty because the oil hadn't been changed for 12 months?

Joe

They might try, actually, you KNOW they will try, but there has to be proof that the oil caused the failure. If it is proven that the oil caused the failure, Amsoil will pick up the tab.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

meanwhile, you are in the middle. Ford will deny it by default. Amsoil will say it's fine. YOU are in the middle. You'll likely end up hiring a lawyer and thus costing you money. Are there actually any cases where anyone ended up in this position ? Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Rein wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My point exactly. If the owner doesn't stick to the recommended fluid change intervals, the manufacturer is in a very strong position regardless of what claims the fluid manufacturer makes.

In light of this, I fail to see the advantage of using any product that contradicts the vehicle manufacturer's recommended procedures while the vehicle's under warranty.

Joe

No, but they do have something for the guy whose "thang" may not have the twang it used to:

How could you ever take them seriously about motor oils when they sell stuff like this right alongside it?

Amsoil is a joke.

Reply to
Elroy Jetson

snipped-for-privacy@op.ork.aha.com (Elroy Jetson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@netnews.att.net:

LOL! Great find, great point. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they sold condoms that you wouldn't have to change for 12 whole months.

Joe

I fail to see how that has anything to do with the reliability & performance of Amsoil motor oil. YOU are a joke, Mr. Jetson.

-Mike

hysterectomy

Reply to
<memset

Not surprising. You sell the stuff, don't you?

The fact that Amsoil "oil experts" also sell snake oil like "Male Power Formula", "Brain Power Formula" and "Longevity Enzymes" should raise a big red flag.

Boo hoo, Spamboy. Your opinion means so much to me.

Reply to
Elroy Jetson

How is Amsoil a joke? Please explain with your extensive knowledge of lubricants and lubricant addatives how it is or is not a joke. Please tell me, in your words what makes Mobil 1 superior to Amsoil in your opion. Also please explain how, in your opinion; Amsoil, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Red Line, NEO and Silkolene compare to each other and how Amsoil having sister companies that produce other products affects it's performance comparatively. I mean we all know how the major oil companies here in the US and abroad have no interests in any other companies that produce products that are only slightly related to the chemical industry, right? I bet your reply will be a lot funnier that the original "joke" is. The only real joke I see so far is someone trying to make a comparison who has no clue about the companies or the products he is comparing.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

All of that maybe true, either to a more or a lesser degree. I however am confident enough that there will be no problem simply because I know people who have done it for many years. I know one man with a Honda who has over 260K miles and he only did a full change once, with the dual remote filter system. Hell I know a guy with a really old Chevy "farm truck" and he never changed the oil period. He added more Havolin when he chaged the filter avery 6 months or so and it still runs at almost 30 years old. Yeah that's regular old Havolin from the Texaco station. Here's how the Navy suggests to save money on extended drain periods of synthetic oil....

Note the Economic analysis near the bottom and I point you to take particular note to the four vendors listed at the bottom....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I can say from experience that in the car I have now, a 1993 BMW 525i, has benefited from Mobil 1. It has had Mobil 1 almost exclusively since new and has 192,000 miles. This car uses -0- oil between changes and does not leak a drop. Runs like new. Inside of the filler cap is as new looking as the 29,000 mile Cobra I had.

I towed for a friend a few years back. I drove a 1987 F350 wrecker with just over 500,000 miles that had used Mobil 1 since new. Yes folks, that is 1/2 million miles before the harmonic balancer came off and took out the crank. Ran great until that time. This was a vehicle that was ran HARD almost 24/7.

460 Carb motor btw.

I don't care about the arguements, I believe in Synthetics and I run 'em in everything I drive. Change at 3000 to 4500 miles depending on convenience :-) Hell, WalMart sells 5 qt Mobil 1 jugs for under $20.00. Cheap insurance in my book.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

No, he's not. Doesn't really know much about it either, that's why he was asking in here. Do you even have a clue what that stuff is? It's Vitamine and mineral suppliments. The same stuff you would buy at GNC. The names are the same as what you would buy there too, it's not meant to be taken literally. You don't know what you are talking about and are looking like a total fool. I have practiced 12 month oil change intervals for years. I drag race and I run the occasional solo2. My engine put out in excess of 320 HP and is in perfect condition. Therefore you are proven incorrect.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Okay, let me throw in this one; suppose Ford screwed (oh and we know they never do, right ? ) and sold you a car with a defective engine that blew up after 20K miles. First thing they'll ask for is oil change history. Guess what they'll say when you give them proof of long interval changes ?? Go get yourself a lawyer because you're in the middle of it.

I'm not saying the oil is no good. A good engine that's not abused will probably be fine with it.To me it's just not worth the risk. For a couple more dollars I can change at 5K and use mobil-1 for instance, or for less use some cheap dino oil at change at 3K. All instances are probably overkill. Heck, BMW says to do 15K on a change with synthetic oil. I ran a 5.0 up to 95K miles with el-cheapo havoline oil doing 3K changes and using motorcraft filters. Engine was like new when I sold it, no smoke, no oil usage.

How much money are you really saving with this ?

Rein