Radiator leak

I discovered that I have a small radiator leak. its on the passenger side bottom portion. on a seam. The leak looses very little, enough to leave a

6inch damp spot under the car on days or nights when the temp goes under 30degrees.(temp above 30, no leak) Is there some type of stop leak stuff I can add to the coolant or is the radiator up for replacement or repair?
Reply to
Deputy Dog

Your cheapest option is to take it to a shop and have it repaired. But, it will probably spring another leak somewhere else in the near future.

Reply to
.boB

JB-Weld works wonders. I've used it on radiators and it has held 'till I sold the cars. Putting stuff in your radiator is only asking for engine trouble...

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I'm not sure how hot a radiator gets... and while I realize JB Weld has its limits.. I'd try it out. Of course, if the radiator is old.. you could end up getting another leak elsewhere. Make sure you let the JB Weld fully cure... and btw, don't ever put the radiator stop leak crap in your radiator :P.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

If it was my car, there'd be a new rad in there, now. I can't speak for anyone else but my life is a little too important to me to trust my timetable to jerry rigged repairs.

Cooling systems deteriorate from the inside out..... (except, of course for punctures)...... If it's getting bad in one spot, it'll be getting bad in others.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks Jim, Not what I wanted to hear, but probly what I needed to hear. A new radiator being researched as I type.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Don't use any of the stop leak products.

Remove and repair.

The stop leak products will get trapped in all kids of places you don't want it.

Reply to
Lucas4927

Great prices on OEM radiators. I bought a 3 row and I was impressed with how quickly it arrived.

Reply to
Garth Almgren