Rainbow Colors Promotion (68-69)

Anyone know anything about the "Rainbow Colors" promotion from 68-69?

Reply to
T. D. Stanley

What do you want to know??????? No 1968's ever known, only 1969 sales promotion car..............Two colors, Groovy Green, and some type of Vibrant Orange color.........Mostly sold in the Philadelphia sales district.................Rare, yes, worth the extra money just for the extra color choice, no, not really.....................Most of them

6cyl, a few "F" code 302's in the bunch..........No convertibles (bummer)...............Roughly 600-650 produced....................

Bill S.

T. D. Stanley wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

hHey Bill.. How do you KNOW all this stuff???

Dang! You're a walking encyclopedia!

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Sorry Kate, I do not take the credit for this one at all............

Next question.............

Bill S.

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Oh man...

You you can take that big S off of your chest now.

Kate

| > Dang! You're a walking encyclopedia! | >

| > Kate | >

68-69? | > | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

From the website Bill referenced ...

1968, 1969 Rainbow of Colors Mustangs

Not much is known about the Rainbow Colors promotion. Rainbow Color Mustangs were sold in the San Jose and Los Angeles Districts, and also possibly in the Seattle District. This promotion took place thoughout the years of 1968 and 1969. Rainbow Mustangs were well-advertised and listed color such as Madagascar Orange, Whipped Cream, Spanish Gold, Dandelion Yellow, Hot Pink, Caribbean Coral, Forest Green, Sierra Blue, and Moss Green.

The Rainbow of Colors Mustangs was a different "special" promotion than the "Limited Edition 600" promotion ...

1969 Limited Edition 600

The Limited Edition 600 was a promotional unit developed by the Philadelphia sales district in May-June of 1969. The 600 consisted of special order, custom colored Mustangs in either "Flower Power Red" or "Groovy Green." This promotion was only available on hardtops or sportsroofs. Only 503 of Limited Edition 600s were produced. The Limited Edition 600 promotion coincided with Ford's national "Mustang Stampede" sales promotion. All 600s will be identified by the absence of a color code and a DSO of 16 plus 2783 through

2788 number on the door data plate. Most but not all 600s were powered by six cylinder engines, largest available was the 351-2v.

I am trying to find more information on the Rainbow of Colors Mustang promotion. The Limited Edition 600 promotion is fairly well documented, but it is the Rainbow Color Mustangs have almost no available information. If anyone has aditional information, I would be very interested.

Reply to
T. D. Stanley

Just giving credit where credit is due...............

Bill S.

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Ya know Bill, if I were you, I'd have played that up a bit before actually giving the link.

Reply to
Greg B.