Rarest production Mustang?

Is is the 1971 Mach-1 with a 429?

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Well there is rare by production numbers and rare by survivors.

And one car is as rare as it can get. Last I heard there was only one 1969 mustang 'E' known to still exist. I am sure there are other one survivor or handful or less production cars out there.

And then again there is always a particular set of options, colors, etc.

There's simply alot of ways to answer the question.

Reply to
Brent P
1968 "Q" Code mustang convertible...................Only one produced as a preproduction car...............................

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@rrogers.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

How blurry is the term "production" going to be?

Reply to
Mick

Rarest of the Mach Is, but not the rarest production Mustang.

If allowing for any engine/tranny/bodystyle combo rarity, there's many:

A 1970 428 Q-code conv. with 4-spd manual (close ratio) = 5 produced A 1970 302 F-code conv. with FMX automatic = 1 produced A 1969 351 H-code cpe and F/B both with C-4 automatics = 1 each produced

These are just a few examples. There's many more...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

What about the X code?

Reply to
<sixty8kr

The 390-2v X-code, offered only in 1968, came exclusively with the C-6 auto. Production was 477 coupes, 189 fastbacks and 67 convertibles, totaling 733.

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

HHHHHmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like someone has a copy of marti's production guide sitting at his table.................

Bill S.

Mike R wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

By God, I think you're right......Actually for a couple of years now...

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

I saw the pre-production version when it was still printed on regular paper..have a copy of it laying around my office as well.............

Bill S.

Mike R wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

S."

Reply to
Bill

Never saw an actual Mustang 4 door, although I saw the mock up of one back in 1978 for the 1979 line up. Thankfully, that was never produced...........

Bill S.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Only one connection with the original owner. I have the original owners manual that has the name and address of the buyer, the name and location of the dealership and the date of purchase along with all the build tag info. All of this is typed into the inside front page. Great information to have, except that the original owner is dead and the dealership no longer exists. Other than that, the car sat in the back lot of a mechanic shop for YEARS. The original block was missing and the 302 that was dumped into it had a rusted out long tube header on one side, nothing on the other, no intake manifold or carb. It was laying on the crossmember with 1 motor mount attached to 1 side of the block, but not to the car. It had 3 bolts holding it to the tranny so it wouldn't fall out. It had only 1 pedal in it for the manual 3-spd (which is original). and the rearend had been swapped for a 4 lug I6 set. It was scavenged so badly. Lotsa work cut out for it!

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams