Re: 03 GT Convertible Power Windows

I had problems with the driver window while at a car show / race .. on the

> way home the problem disappeared. > > yesterday again I had the car out in the hot sun with top down, same > problem, driver window wouldn't power up. This morning after the car being > in the garage all night it was fine > > Today I called the dealer and they indicated that they had power lock > problems last week due to the heat. > > To test my theory on heat causing the problem, I left it out with the top > down and sure enough 2 hours late, same problem, so would say it is heat > related. > > I'll be taking it in for service tomorrow. > > Gerry > Ft Collins, Co. >

On a slightly related topic, does your driver's window have"auto-down"? By that I mean does it go down all the way with one touch?

According to the owner's manual, it's supposed to but mine doesn't work. Is it a manual misprint, or is my window motor or switch?

I haven't had any heat problems like yours, and I'm in So. California where it has been hovering around 100 for the past couple of weeks.

Reply to
Scudder

My gosh dude, just be happy that you even have a freakin COBRA, some of us would only dream to have one....f*ck the windows.....tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Yes, when you hit the driver's window power button down and release quickly, the window is suppose to go all the way down,but if you hold the button, then the window will stop when you release pressure.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Ford's idea of one-touch power window down is actually two-touch. You need to hit the down button quickly twice for it to go down for so called one-touch.

Another great idea from Ford, (snicker)

Reply to
MPBSR25

In the case of my 2001 GT the one touch feature works fine. A quick touch and the windows goes all the way down by itself. It I want to stop in between I just continue to hold the button and release it at the apprpriate point. My newer Ford has a different system. For one touch there is a second detent. For normal operation you stop at the first detent. For one touch you press slightly harder and go to the second detent.

Regards,

Ed White

MPBSR25 wrote:

Reply to