Re: 331 Stroker Kit question

I can also get a donor engine from an 89 Crown Victoria the 5.0L

would this be a good motor?

Hi guys and Kate > > Well I finally found out what the THUNKING was in my car, looks > like it's a crank bearing....(according to my brothers mechanic)....so that > means taking the engine out...so since I am there I was thinking of a > stroker kit. I have been checking a few websites for prices and such, and I > only have one question for you guys.....how much of a headache is it to > covert the 302 to a 331....please keep in mind that I am a newbie to > this...I love to do things myself and am not afraid of pulling my engine > 100% apart. is there anything I need to add to my 302 or do these kits come > with everything I need? Oh yeah the engine is from an 84GT. Can I keep my > heads...are they useful for this application? > > The kit I am looking at comes with: located here >
> SCAT 9000 Series Crank w/ 3.250 Stroke > SCAT Forged "I" Beam Rod 5.400 > KB F/T Piston > > is this a good choice? > > > > Thanks gang > > Rick > > -- > 1984 Gt..."first time Owner/Mechanic, trying his best" > >
Reply to
Rick

Hey Rick! I don't know anything about what you are doing, bit I am intereseted in seeing what the guys have to say about it. It SOUNDS like fun though!

Kate

| > Well I finally found out what the THUNKING was in my car, | looks | > like it's a crank bearing....(according to my brothers mechanic)....so | that | > means taking the engine out...so since I am there I was thinking of a | > stroker kit. I have been checking a few websites for prices and such, and | I | > only have one question for you guys.....how much of a headache is it to | > covert the 302 to a 331....please keep in mind that I am a newbie to | > this...I love to do things myself and am not afraid of pulling my engine | > 100% apart. is there anything I need to add to my 302 or do these kits | come | > with everything I need? Oh yeah the engine is from an 84GT. Can I keep | my | > heads...are they useful for this application? | >

| > The kit I am looking at comes with: located here | >

| > SCAT 9000 Series Crank w/ 3.250 Stroke | > SCAT Forged "I" Beam Rod 5.400 | > KB F/T Piston | >

| > is this a good choice? | >

| > Thanks gang | >

| > Rick | >

| > -- | > 1984 Gt..."first time Owner/Mechanic, trying his best" | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate