Re: '65 coupe driver's seat

What's wrong with the seat frame? If it is bent and cracked they usually aren't too hard to straighten and reweld.

I think my '67 uses the same seat frame IIRC. I was thinking of using different seats but I haven't made up my mind if I want to sell them yet. They unfortunately are red. StuK

Hi everyone, > > The frozen north is coming out of the deep freeze and thoughts turn to > my Mustang on the road again in the coming few weeks!! > > I am in need of a driver's seat for my '65 coupe, preferrably medium > blue if possible - I don't want to get into recovering if I can avoid > it. My frame is shot so a repair is not possible. > > I have had two sets of 'medium blue' seat covers in the past two years > and both turned out to be a much lighter silver blue, more like the '66 > had, and returned both sets. The '65 seemed to have had a darker medium > blue. It's not a case of discolouration - the dash pad, door panels and > arm rests are all this shade of blue, just the seats won't match up. > > I will recover a different colour seat if someone can point me in the > right direction of the blue for a '65. Thanks! > > I am travelling to New Jersey in the coming weekend if anyone from the > Buffalo area along I95 down to Secaucus had any tips. > > Andrew Croft > > '65 Caspian blue 6 cylinder coupe, blue interior [07.85 to present] >
'96 Forest green GT coupe, grey interior [04.96 to 04.00]> '88 medium blue 5.0LX hatchback, grey interior [93-04.96]> '80 white hatchback, red interior [91-93]> My other car is a Ford - '04 Escape, 6 cylinder, silver, grey cloth -> LOVE IT - it's my second Escape.
Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Hi,

Yes, I keep an eye on ebay constantly. Amazing what crap is available! One person's junk... I guess.

Would you believe I missed out on two newly-recovered front buckets last November? Missed the final bid by $10. They sold for $225US. I would have loved to have put those in my care and not had any more worries. I was actually driving to Boston that month and could have picked them up!

As for fixing the frame as someone else pointed out - I might take it to a shop to see what can be done, but is appears the entire outside frame has disintegrated and the covering has large rips. This is odd considering the passenger seat is near perfect and the back seat is absolutely mint - guess previous owners never used it much! ;-)

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cylinder coupe, blue interior [07.85 to present]

'96 Forest green GT coupe, grey interior [04.96 to 04.00]'88 medium blue 5.0LX hatchback, grey interior [93-04.96]'80 white hatchback, red interior [91-93]My other car is a Ford - '04 Escape, 6 cylinder, silver, grey cloth -LOVE IT - it's my second Escape.

Reply to
Andrew Croft

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger