Re: 95 gt aode upgrade

Have a '94 GT. Rebuilt the tranny to solve a shifting issue and installed a Transgo HD2 Reprogramming kit as part of the rebuild. (That kit was recommended by LenTech Automatics

Shiftis adjusted to a hard and fast setting. High stall (2500) torque converterinstalled at the same time. Given that you are looking a changing the camyou might want to better match the Torque converter to your proposed change.I'm happy with the results.Like you, this is my summer fun car.

Reply to
Richard

The AODE tranny is actually a pretty good tranny when done up correctly. I have a 95 GT with an AODE as well. I put in a Trans Go shift kit, and a PI Stallion converter. It works great. My question for you is have you done anything to the EEC for the increase in gear ratio? Your shifting problems could be caused by the gear change. There are pre programmed values for things like acceleration rates that a gear change will greatly effect. If these are not corrected things like not shifting before hitting the re limit can happen.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG