Re: Alternator

Oh yeah I was planning on using an alternator from a 98 mustang gt, but I was curious if he was even remotely correct or not. Thanks for the reply, Backyard Mechanic =).

-Mike

snipped-for-privacy@perlcoders.com opined in > news:TvMSa.658$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com: > > > Ok... I'm new to this in general, but I was talking to a friend of mine and > > he said that you can use a Ford Ranger alternator in a Mustang if it's the > > same year... is this true? Is it the same alternator type used in both? I > > have a 98 Ford Mustang GT and the alternator is dead... so I'm gonna go by > > the stockyard & pick up a new one, but curiousity has gotten the best of me > > & I wanna know if they're interchangeable or not. Thanks, folks. ;) > > > > -Mike > > > > > > > > It has to do with engine type...more than the name of the vehicle. > > Yes, fro example, you can use the alt off a ranger 2.3 in a mustang 2.3... > IIRC you CANT be sure if it's a different engine, doubt that same alt is used > on a 5.0. > > So there's NO way you can make a blanket statement like that. I dont recall > the Ranger coming with a 4.6L > > . Just ask for an ALT for YOUR car and engine, the SALVAGE yard computer > knows which fits. > >
Reply to
memsetpc