Re: Bill S. Stu.. I need classic mustang gurus for this one..

Johnny,

> > I had a set of the less expensive patch panels once, they do indeed > need to be trimmed as needed...............When in doubt, fit it so that > it is snug, even if you have to cut, trim, or slice in to the patch > panel.....The idea is function and durability...............You can > always make it look pretty later............. > > > Bill S. > > > > Johnny K wrote: > >> If you will note my pictures >> >>
> >> I'm having a little trouble.. I cut the toe extensions off, as i >> discovered, they are NOT the top of the torque box, but weld right to >> the top of it (no wonder they get rusty)... Now in the left picture, >> with that part of the floor gone, the lip that goes up and gets welded >> (to the very left of the toe extension), lips UPWARDS, and it's part >> of the torque box, NOT the toe extension.. As you can see by my photo >> in the right, my extensions lip Downwards.. He says no trimming should >> be necessary.. Any ideas? Thanks loads.. Can't continute without this >> knowledge.. >> >
Reply to
Johnny K

I would not always cut off the lip, but instead overlap them then weld and spot weld if possible. As for the top of the torque box, you need a larger patch than that according to your pictures...............

Bill S.

Johnny K wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

After talking to you tonight now I can see what you mean! I'll try to drop by as the pics are pretty dark and I don't want to send you off on a tangent! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet