Re: Exhaust Polishing

I noticed a few products around for polishing stainless steel, but I wanted

> to ping this group first for any recommendations??

What I have found effective on my '97 GT is rather simple. I use turtlewax chrome cleaner (found some at walmart last time). I've used mother's too but I prefer the cheapo turtlewax stuff, it's simply stronger. Cleaning is just a matter of using it with a brush and putting in the elbow grease.

I've been doing this a couple times a year on my car since I got it new and when I am done each time the pipes look like new. I think I've used polishing compound on occasion too (no chrome cleaner on hand) and it worked well too.

Reply to
Brent P

I noticed that TurtleWax makes 2 chrome products... One comes in a black spray bottle called " Metal & Chrome Polish" and the other comes in a white bottle called " Chrome Polish And Rust Remover". Which one of these do you use?

thanks aga>

Reply to
Brian Ober

I use Eagle One aluminum wheel cleaner paste. Applicator? A paper towel. They're about as shiny as they can be.

Keith

The latter, in the white bottle. It's good polisher/cleaner for all sorts of things....

Reply to
Brent P

Thanks guys!! I found the Eagle cleaner at the part store and it worked well.

thanks again!

Reply to
Brian Ober